Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

shout out

Options
henapple
henapple Posts: 16,025
@EggObsessed‌ ..Kelley had the best setup I've seen. They had their own pavilion and a crowd around for the food. The chili at the after party was probably the best chili I've ever had. ..Texas style. I really enjoyed meeting ya'll. Please post the recipe for the "lemonade".
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments

• EggObsessed
    EggObsessed Posts: 786
    Options
    Thanks so much for the compliments, @henapple.  We sure enjoyed meeting you and trying your food.  Those cherry/chocolate jalapeno poppers were so creative and delish!  I'll try to get the recipe for the chili posted this week once work settles down.  Was Bruce telling you about our lemonade made with gin?  If so, that's an easy recipe.  Nothing gourmet about it!  I'll double check the measurements and get back to you.  
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    Standing by on lemonade
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    @EggObsessed‌ It doesn't have to be gourmet with these guys, you and them when you said gin. :D
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • NoJokeSmoke
    Options
    Thanks @henapple!  It was great meeting you and getting to share a wonderful Eggfest!! The lemonade is very easy to make and is toooooo drinkable.  I am sure Kelley will get the exact measurements, but here is the quick and dirty:   In a 2.5 qrt. pitcher add 1.5 cups of gin, 1.5 pitcher size packets of Crystal lemonade and fill the rest of the pitcher with water.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    @NoJokeSmoke‌, you did those wontons, right? They were on point!
  • henapple
    Options
    Thanks. ..ya'll rocked this weekend.
  • NoJokeSmoke
    NoJokeSmoke Posts: 42
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Hey @cazzy, this is totally non gourmet lemonade, but will get you where ever you need to be with ease ;)
    There is a sorry behind this lemonade:  My mother has since past away, but was a total non-drinker with attitude.  She was over one Easter with other company and family.  Kelley asked me, "is there any way we can have a drink?".  That is when I made lemonade...some for mom and some for us ;)
  • Springram
    Springram Posts: 430
    Options
    @EggObsessed - how did you like the SS vent cap you bought during the fest? I got one and have installed it but have not yet cooked with it.

Springram
    Spring, Texas
    LBGE and Mini
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    I'm too lazy to start my own "shout out" thread so I'm adding to this one.

A shout out to @RAC and @20stone (Lisa included) for helping set up/serve my Indian nachos. Y'all are great! @henapple was just being messy and got really belligerent when I started stealing his beer AND his supplies. LS was off looking for someone to do his cooking for him.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    I want the chili recipe!

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • NoJokeSmoke
    Options
    @Springram I'll speak for Kelley, but she may decide to jump in here too.  I really enjoy using it.  It kept the rain out, regulated the heat nicely, and I love the fact that I didn't have to worry about the daisy wheel "self-adjusting" when I opened the Egg (I know to have the screw on the daisy wheel facing you, but have for forgotten at times). Plus, I like the way it looks.
    :)
  • EggObsessed
    Options
    @johnkitchens, I'll post the Smoked Brisket Chili recipe in the next few days.  
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • henapple
    Options
    Next few days.. teasing us?
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Yeah that was some gooood chili!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • EggObsessed
    Options
    Okay....I'll really try to post the chili recipe tonight.
    Kelley 
  • henapple
    Options
    I love you. ..want to try it this week while it's chili.. ha, get it? I made a funny.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    henapple said:
    I love you. ..want to try it this week while it's chili.. ha, get it? I made a funny.

Not so much.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• henapple
    Options
    Kma
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    No thank you.  I wouldn't want to bang heads with @caliking.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• egger ave
    egger ave Posts: 721
    edited March 2014
    Options
    EggObsessed  Kelly, enjoyed talking to you at the after dinner about recipes and spices.Agree on the chili and the french onion concoction. Are you going to Athens?

John Wallace
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein
  • EggObsessed
    Options
    Yes, we will be in Athens.  Our next fest is Athens, then Austin (Texas Fest), then Georgia Mtn. Fest.  Can't wait!  Sure enjoyed visiting with you and swapping recipe/flavor ideas.
    Kelley