Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Salado prep

Options
2»

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    That is the way I read it. Not that guvmint language is ambiguous though.
    caliking said:
    Why save the labels and receipt? Do the border cops let it go if you can prove it is store bought?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• RGBHV
    RGBHV Posts: 1,318
    Options
    I hope you don't tick off the border guards before I get there.

Michael
  • Angus1978
    Angus1978 Posts: 390
    Options
    You guys kill me.....I don't post enough, but I read lots of yours.  I'll be the weirdo smiling, getting most of your "inside" jokes.  Ya'll will be looknig at me going "WTF, how does this guy think he knows us?"
    LBGE and Primo XL Plano TX All right all right alllll riight
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    Angus1978 said:
    You guys kill me.....I don't post enough, but I read lots of yours.  I'll be the weirdo smiling, getting most of your "inside" jokes.  Ya'll will be looknig at me going "WTF, how does this guy think he knows us?"

You'll just need to drink enough to get disinhibited and jump right in with the gang.  In 10 minutes you'll be a part of it.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Angus1978
    Options
    Drinking...yes I can do that!!

I've got a posse coming of 8 ppl with me.....2 of the ladies that are coming were last minute additions yesterday as they decided this would likely be more fun than the Greenville Ave St. Pats Parade.  They gave me  "Terms and Conditions" that had to be met if they were to go to this Eggfest.  They were as follows:

1)  "We are not to be getting behind a wheel of any motorized vehicle at any time on March 15th"
    2)  "We are going to start imbibing copious amounts of alcohol at a given time that we choose during the day, we intend to spend the day in Salado very buzzed, however, if we overindulge, you must take care of us."

They're good drunks so I agreed to said terms, and I can't lie that in the back of my mind I'm thinking since the wife has basically cut out most all boozing, she'll be the DD so I figured that would free me up to enjoy the festivities as well!

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Angus1978 said:
    Drinking...yes I can do that!!

I've got a posse coming of 8 ppl with me.....2 of the ladies that are coming were last minute additions yesterday as they decided this would likely be more fun than the Greenville Ave St. Pats Parade.  They gave me  "Terms and Conditions" that had to be met if they were to go to this Eggfest.  They were as follows:

1)  "We are not to be getting behind a wheel of any motorized vehicle at any time on March 15th"
    2)  "We are going to start imbibing copious amounts of alcohol at a given time that we choose during the day, we intend to spend the day in Salado very buzzed, however, if we overindulge, you must take care of us."

They're good drunks so I agreed to said terms, and I can't lie that in the back of my mind I'm thinking since the wife has basically cut out most all boozing, she'll be the DD so I figured that would free me up to enjoy the festivities as well!

No problem on behind the wheel. The shops of Salado is a 10 min slow walk from the Fest and from both Fri and Sat parties.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Little Steven
    Options

How long a stagger from the fest to the inn?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Mickey
    Options
    I told VI the only place he is not allowed to park his Vespa was on top of Steven. Looking out for you buddy.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Angus1978
    Options
    @Mickey They're pretty friendly gals....they do like to shop, but I think they'll probably stick around and drink.  They're fun like that.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Depends on how high the creek is...and you
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Mickey
    edited March 2014
    Options

If you walk across the shallow creek less than 3 mins. If you walk around to the bridge 15 mins. Catch a ride 4 mins. The Inn and creek. Fest on Sat is just across it. party Fri/Sat is at the Inn. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Mickey said:

If you walk across the shallow creek less than 3 mins. If you walk around to the bridge 15 mins. Catch a ride 4 mins.
    If henapple is facedown in the creek I'll flip him over and we can use him as a bridge. Wet shoes suck.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    What do you mean....if?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    I'm really hoping you fall face up, less work for me. You know, compassion for the common man and what not.
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Be an easier walk if he's face down.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options

Coming up on 25k posts. Do you get a prize?
    Flint, Michigan
  • Mickey
    Options
    25k is a Large from BGE. Always has been.

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,527
    Options
    Coming up on 25k posts. Do you get a prize?
    ya but he owes Tweeve a case of beer for boosting his post count  :D
    canuckland