Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

STB ex-wife took my BGE

Comments

• minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Botch said:
    minniemoh said:
    At least she only took your egg... my ex-wife took my house.

My new bride swore in her vows she'd be a great housekeeper.

With the divorce, she lived up to it.... 
    That IS funny! @Botch

@YouEnjoyMyEgg, some of the best advice I got during my divorce was to not worry about "the stuff" and just move on. We tried to sell our house for over a year (it was during the real estate crash) and eventually I signed off on the house for $1 just to be out from under the whole situation. Come to think of it... she still owes me that dollar! 
    :))
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • From experience, do not under any circumstances show up and get the egg or anything else. A new egg is cheaper than a trip to jail and the outcome of a contempt charge.
    Your lawyer and if you are getting a divorce you need one-experience again, should be able to advise on who gets the egg.
    If this is an amicable divorce, why if so amicable are you getting one? Live with a woman for years and you still do not understand anything about her. Just wait until a divorce is filed and see.
    Best of luck
    Bob
    Cookin' on the coast
    Shellman Bluff, GA
    Medium BGE

• Serial Griller
    Serial Griller Posts: 1,186

Don't worry..What goes around ..comes around..it's Karma

She'll drop it and break it or she'll set her house on fire. It may not happen tomorrow or next month but......

I'd report it as stolen to the police..give her a little grief!

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,458
    edited March 2014
    let's try a little SQL injection! @{drop table users}  ;)
    Haha, remind me of punch card era, we used to 'inject' infinite loop cards into other students' Algol 60 deck  :D
    canuckland
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    edited March 2014
    http://xkcd.com/327/

Bobby Tables :))
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • bettysnephew
    bettysnephew Posts: 1,188
    let's try a little SQL injection! @{drop table users}  ;)
    Haha, remind me of punch card era, we used to 'inject' infinite loop cards into other students' Algol 60 deck  :D
    I thought I was the only one here that knew what a Hollerith card was.  You've just dated yourself. LOL
    A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Find out where she's moving to and go fill with a bag of cement .

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • tksmoke
    tksmoke Posts: 776

@canugghead - that was you who was always messing with my punchcards???  I'd submit them, go out and have a pizza and some beer, and come back to find failure.  Reshuffle the deck and repeat...

Santa Paula, CA
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    edited March 2014
    Get her some Mangrates as a going away present.
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • henapple said:
    I'd send her all of your accessories and lump. ..tell her to enjoy. On a side note, could I get her new address?
    Yes you can.  Crazy as a soup sandwich.  Please get my egg while over there one night.  ;)

• Hey sorry about your egg , but just to correct you I get your name !!

Huge Phan , been seeing them since 1992

also dont tell PT they would probably make fun of you , question your sexuality and ask you to kys .

Amazing what that scene has spawned !!!

I stand corrected phantsypants.  <-- fixed your name for you.  :)  and yea I just about did KMS when I saw it gone.  But have cleared my head and I'm good now.  and yea the PT thing would not go over well.  I dont think anything goes over well there.  That is about as alien of a world as I've ever known.
  • rtt121 that's pretty funny.  and true.  My screen name is based on a song from my favorite band Phish.  YEMTrey is probably the only one that gets it.  But its never been so true has it?

YEMTrey do you think I should tell PT?  They might hunt her down!  :D
    I too appreciate You Enjoy Myself.
    LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN
  • lots of phans around here.  I'm imprssed.
  • pantsypants
    pantsypants Posts: 1,191
    100 %
    thanks for the name change!!

I had a similar situation with an ex .
    I was in in Lake Placid for a weekend and came back to an empty house !!

Its now 5 or 6 years later and I couldn't be happier !!
    Also I have replaced everything she took and I am glad that I got a fresh start !!

that said it was complete **** at the time ,

Toronto
  • Beagle1
    Beagle1 Posts: 37
    count your blessing!  my ex received the equivalent of 1,533 LBGEs
    Atlanta, GA and Watts Bar Lake, TN
    2 LBGEs
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Beagle1 said:

HOLY Crap. I just threw up. If I ever run into you at an egg fest beers on me.
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    She/we decided...I gave her everything and left.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • pretzelb
    pretzelb Posts: 158
    This is too close to the other post about the guy who just got an egg for helping with a move.

I have a friend who described his first divorce where he called his friend to pick him up and all he had left was a garbage bag full of dirty clothes and a really old dog. To this day he considers it the best deal he ever made and he is done pretty well in life. 
    XL egg owner, home brewer, jogger, coffee roaster, gamer 
  • Beagle1
    Beagle1 Posts: 37
    grege345 said:
    Beagle1 said:

HOLY Crap. I just threw up. If I ever run into you at an egg fest beers on me.
    So did I.  You don't want to be live in Florida and be married for longer than 10 years or you are faced with splitting assets 50/50 and perm alimony.  DO NOT MOVE TO FLORIDA until they change the divorce laws. 
    Atlanta, GA and Watts Bar Lake, TN
    2 LBGEs
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Wow, there is a lot of experience out there.  The Spouse and I are going on 33 years now.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,174
    Reads like training wives are an eggspensive undertaking, as if that's not common knowledge...
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Whereabouts are you located? I bet I can track down that egg.

Little Rock, AR

• Good news today egg phans.  I got my egg back!  It came back with some issues.  But it is back, home in it's table.  Resting happily.  Thanks for all the concern and offers of retribution.

It was obviously not handled well though.  The fire box and fire ring are both broke into a few pieces.  How much are those going to cost me?  Can I cook with them cracked, just pushed together?  I'm dying to light 'er up!
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    yo stranger what's up. Hope things are well. As long as the pieces aren't shattered keep using them. Plenty of people here use broken pieces
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• jhl192
    jhl192 Posts: 1,006
    Congratulations.  Hopefully things are looking up for you.  Whatever it costs to fix up your egg its worth it.  
    XL BGE; Medium BGE; L BGE 
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Do a little happy dance, shove the pieces back together, fire her up and cook the most expensive steak you can afford as a celebration. Life can only get better from here on out.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited June 2014
    Cracked from dropping or use? I'm guessing abuse from ex. But, it's still worth trying to get as warranty. The worst they'll say is No Way José. Hell maybe the story behind the the damage alone will get you a warranty replacement. Give it a shot.
    Oh ya & Congrats on getting your BGE back home. ;-)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Congrats on getting it back.  So what exactly was the story?  Did she take it just to be spiteful?  My wife would never leave the house and take my eggs.  She would put them in the driveway with the rest of my stuff when she kicked me out and kept the house :).  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg.