Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Just ordered my AR .....

After how much everybody on here raves about it better be amazing or I am holding you all accountable
Toronto

Comments

• There is another Canuck wants to order one down a few threads. Thought you could maybe hump orders to save on shipping etc.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Have two Larges and an AR lives in each. I cannot tell you how much better cook they make me. If any problem occurs with your order or use please focus on @henapple.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mick,

Dude is coming to my place on the weekend to make sausages. He can try it out if I can find my oval grid under the snow.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,458
    edited February 2014
    @pantsypants, If possible, request shipping by USPS, not UPS.

edit: never mind
    canuckland
  • pantsypants
    pantsypants Posts: 1,191
    Yeah that dude is not near Toronto plus I am hiding the rig in a truck to escape duty charges
    Toronto
  • Mickey
    Mick,

Dude is coming to my place on the weekend to make sausages. He can try it out if I can find my oval grid under the snow.

Steven is there anything you need me to round up for you to have to take home from The Salado Fest?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• No Mick I'm covered thanks. If you happen to see a few bottles of John Henry's apple rub or a few bottles of western gunslinger sauce I would gladly re-imburse. I'm hoping we can lengthen our stay by a few days so we can get a couple in Austin. I have to meet a customer in Temple on Friday morning and we didn't allow a lot of time either side. Either way I'm looking forward to it but somebody should remind Henapple what a tough little SOB I am.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    No Mick I'm covered thanks. If you happen to see a few bottles of John Henry's apple rub or a few bottles of western gunslinger sauce I would gladly re-imburse. I'm hoping we can lengthen our stay by a few days so we can get a couple in Austin. I have to meet a customer in Temple on Friday morning and we didn't allow a lot of time either side. Either way I'm looking forward to it but somebody should remind Henapple what a tough little SOB I am.
    @henapple - Tony, make sure you bring a stool.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    edited February 2014
    Oh that was funny! Your e-mail not working dude? Maybe you are just ignoring me.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    I was going to offer to bring anything you might need...but my cutting board may be too tall...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • pantsypants
    I think Little Steven needs a couple bags of Tabasco wood chips .
    Toronto
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    pantsypants
    Remember I said it was a luxury not a most so you got to let me off the hook!!!
    You will enjoy it my friend. Makes life easy.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• pantsypants
    I am into luxury !!!

Toronto
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    That should have been must not most. Forgive me im old and half blind.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Mickey
    This is the new double AR. For when you want really raised cooking. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

• henapple said:
    I was going to offer to bring anything you might need...but my cutting board may be too tall...
    I probably won't have time to buy beer. Would you mind picking up a few cases of PBR for me? What's that like ten bucks worth?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    edited February 2014
    I just got something from Japan in 3 days , why is US to Canada so complicated? No customs either.
    Seattle, WA
  • Yeah that dude is not near Toronto plus I am hiding the rig in a truck to escape duty charges
    No duty on an AR, it is made in USA, free under NAFTA. As you live in the Kingdom of Wynne, you would be assessed 13% on top of the US tax included price converted to Canadian dollars. The big cost of shipping an AR to Canada is the brokerage used by the carriers. 

Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Lecky
    Lecky Posts: 60
    edited February 2014
    I'm probably going to get blasted, but what's the advantage of the adjustable rig? I use a second grid with stainless steel bolts to get me 3-4 inches higher then my main grate is this the same principle?
  • does the AR have advantages over the ceramic grill works 2 tier swing out grates?  
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414

does the AR have advantages over the ceramic grill works 2 tier swing out grates?  

@maintenanceman‌, in my opinion yes. The swing grate does one thing: offers a second tier that swings out. The AR gives you the ability to cook indirect, multi level cooking(more than 2), raised direct cooking and then some in a self contained unit. You can prep your fire and then put the unit in with the food on it so the dome is open for the shortest time possible.
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    I have the Swing grate. I do like it and it is extremely well built. I cook raised direct. Raised indirect. Pizza is an ez set up.
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• Mickey
    Lecky said:
    I'm probably going to get blasted, but what's the advantage of the adjustable rig? I use a second grid with stainless steel bolts to get me 3-4 inches higher then my main grate is this the same principle?

I could have added a third row of ribs just as easy. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    henapple said:
    I probably won't have time to buy beer. Would you mind picking up a few cases of PBR for me? What's that like ten bucks worth?
    PBR? Come on. Get some LoneStar or Shiner. ;)

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Miked125
    Miked125 Posts: 481
    Nice, I want one but haven't been able to commit yet. I just bought my egg, so once I get some disposable cash (and my wife forgets about the cost of the egg). I will likely order a rig.
  • Camben
    Camben Posts: 24
    The swing grate works well for me.
    LG BGE, plate setter, highQ grate, Ceramic Grill Works 2 Tier rack, Smokeware SS vent cap, BBQ GURU Party Q, super fast Ravens purple Thermapen and Maverick ET-732
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Yeah that dude is not near Toronto plus I am hiding the rig in a truck to escape duty charges
    Wouldn't shipping a truck cost more than just shipping the AR?
    NOLA
  • pantsypants
    it would if I did not have the truck full  of meat coming in for one of my customers .
    I am in the import/export business. So i have trucks moving back and forth all the time .

But your question is valid 
    Toronto
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Hmmmmm?image
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos