Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken using Briner

Options
Just made some chicken breasts, turned out really good. I brined them using The Briner and some brine mix that came with it. Also made some beans from an old recipe my mom made when I was younger. They were excellent. Add some some tater salad and it was a family hit on Saturday.
Johns Creek, GA - LBGE

Comments

• RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    Options
    Chicken look's awesome!

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Resauers Thats some good looking bird. I would like to ask a question if i may. How do you like THE BRINER? I do a lot of brining myself and have always used a 5 gallon bucket or a 5 gallon water cooler. Do you like the briner better? Does it offer any advantages? Would you recommend getting one? Thanks in advance.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Resauers
    Options
    SGH, I do like The Briner. I was going to start using a five galllon bucket but when I saw The Briner, it seemed like a better solution, and it was. The advantage is the disk that goes inside below the liquid line to keep the meat submerged. The small one fits on tope shelf of my refrigerator, which is nice. It's a bit expensive but I like the way it works. I bought the set and it came with some brine, which I used on this chicken. It was good but I will make my own once this is gone.
    Johns Creek, GA - LBGE
  • SGH
    Options
    Resauers One more question Sir. Where did you get it? Im wanting one myself now. Thanks

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Resauers
    Options
    I looked at the web site and it was the same price on Amazon, I purchased from Amazon or through them. It arrived in a couple of days. The kit I bought had both sizes and Brine mix. http://www.thebriner.com
    Johns Creek, GA - LBGE
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    +1 on The Briner. Works great, I only got the large one, have used it for turkey and plan to use it for pork loin this weekend.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • JohnMc
    JohnMc Posts: 76
    Options
    +1 on The Briner. I got both sizes and really like them.
  • SoCal_Griller
    Options
    Agreed.  The briner works great.  I have used it for Turkey (the large one) and chickens in the small one.
    Simi Valley, California
    LBGE, PBC, Annova, SMOBot
  • yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    Options
    Great idea, but the Amazon price is pretty steep, especially if I can rig up something similar for a few bucks buying a pickle bucket from a deli. At least this has me thinking.
    Dunedin, FL
  • SGH
    Options
    Resauers
    Thanks for the info and opinions on the briner.

Status- Standing by.

• Resauers
    Options
    SGH, you 're welcome, any time.
    Johns Creek, GA - LBGE