Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Guilty Pleasure

Options
rtt121
rtt121 Posts: 653
edited February 2014 in EggHead Forum
Childhood treat...

Medium, and XL eggs in Galloway NJ.  Just outside of Atlantic City.  

Comments

• ChrisgrillsSTLMO
    Options
    How is it on the Egg?
    Chris
    St. Louis, MO
    Unit 1: LBGE, cedar table Unit 2:Akorn
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    I haven't had something like that in years. French bread pizza or I little ones like yours. I think it was Red Baron.
  • Hibby
    Hibby Posts: 606
    Options
    Stouffers French bread pizza - yumm
    I cook. I eat. I repeat. Thornville, Ohio
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    Totino's and bar peanuts got me through my last two years of SDSU.

I want to try them again, like I want to try Differential Equations again.  
    ^#(^

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• ChrisgrillsSTLMO
    Options
    Ahhh, Diffy Q, the nightmares still haunt me...

Glad I taught AP Stat rather than Calc.

Chris
    St. Louis, MO
    Unit 1: LBGE, cedar table Unit 2:Akorn
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Ellio's pizza - brings immediate memories of my "make your own dinner" when I was young and on the swimteam while my parents were at work. I would come home from the township pool which was across the street, fix the Ellio's about 3:30, then head back for the swim meet at 4:30.
    <br>
    <br>
    My other guilty pleasure was an onion, mustard, pan seared spam on fresh white bread. Every time it snowed when I was young mom would make that for me. Now that I am older, if it snows on a Saturday, I make the same lunch. Snow on a Saturday = Spam lunch.  I admit it - I love it, and will always have a can or two in the pantry.

--------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    City Chicken like Mom used to make. Never heard of it? Alternating cubes of pork and veal on small scewers, breaded and pan fried. I love the irony that its called chicken. Boy, does that take me home!
    Flint, Michigan
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    Funny, had french bread pizza a couple of days ago, never thought about pics. Remember @Griffin doing some a year or so ago and his crust was a touch overdone if i remember correctly. Did in the egg at 400ºF dome, indirect and put the pizza in on a cold stone. Took about 10-12 minutes for the cheese to melt and the crust was just crunchy, not charred. 
    Will try again for sure. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • tkleager
    tkleager Posts: 539
    Options
    Still love a good old Totino's.  Pick them up on sale and have them when I get home from baseball in the summer and football on Friday's in the fall.  On the Egg...haven't tried, but midnight is a little late for me to fire the egg for a pizza.
    No Name City, just between Scottsbluff and Mitchell, NE   Crown!  More Crown!
    Egg: 1 Large with 18" BGE CI Grid, Plate Setter, Lg V-Rack
    Maverick ET-73 and Bear Paws
    Eggheads Everywhere Map
    Eggheads Everywhere Stat Sheet
    Barbecue is the answer, but while you’re waiting for the answer, sex raises some pretty good questions. – Woody Allen
  • Eggcelsior
    Options
    Tombstone pizza was another favorite. My dad used to get this 3/10 special or something to that effect so we'd have that when they were on sale about 1/month.
  • Cymbaline65
    Options
    tkleager said:
    Still love a good old Totino's.  Pick them up on sale and have them when I get home from baseball in the summer and football on Friday's in the fall.  On the Egg...haven't tried, but midnight is a little late for me to fire the egg for a pizza.

Oh yea, Totinos. Man, I'm not entirely sure what kind of opiates they put in their crust, but DEFINITELY a guilty pleasure..oh that and good old fashioned Corn Dogs with yellow mustard.

In the  Hinterlands between Cumming and Gainesville, GA
    Med BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe, Brinkman Dual Zone, Weber Genesis Gas Grill and portable gasser for boating
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Pizza bites...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Harmening
    Options
    Mine are those little Goldfish crackers.  I think I could eat a whole bag in one sitting.
  • GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    edited February 2014
    Options
    This is what I grew up on: image

As a picky eating teenager, these were a lifesaver for me when my mom would cook a meal without my pallet in mind. I cant stand them now. They taste horrible. I think I ate too many as a kid. 

I do eat red barons pizza. 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • Cymbaline65
    Options
    Has anyone ever done a Red Baron pizza on the Egg? Or any other frozen type? I've also eyed those in the refrigerated area of the store - premade in the deli. Not as good as from scratch but convenient if they are any good.
    In the  Hinterlands between Cumming and Gainesville, GA
    Med BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe, Brinkman Dual Zone, Weber Genesis Gas Grill and portable gasser for boating
  • NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Options
    Totino's Party Pizza - thats right!  The crust was flaky, almost like a pastry or something, but addictive.  

Side Note: I never understood how it is cheaper to make meat (pepperoni in this case) out of three different animals?
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • Eggcelsior
    edited February 2014
    Options
    NDG said:
    Totino's Party Pizza - thats right!  The crust was flaky, almost like a pastry or something, but addictive.  

Side Note: I never understood how it is cheaper to make meat (pepperoni in this case) out of three different animals?
    Take the crappiest parts of each animal and "Voila", Pepperoni!(or insert cheap meat blend here)
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    Mac & Cheese topped with applesauce. Don't ask. Really can't tell you why but doesn't seem right without the applesauce. Started when I was a kid.
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • rtt121
    Options

WeberWho? said:
    Mac & Cheese topped with applesauce. Don't ask. Really can't tell you why but doesn't seem right without the applesauce. Started when I was a kid.
    Sounds like me and my A1 sauce soaked broccoli... 

Don't worry..  it doesn't go on steak.
  • Harmening
    Options
    WeberWho? said:
    I have an Aunt that eats orange Jello topped with Miracle Whip.  Gross.
  • Eggcelsior
    Options
    WeberWho? said:
    I guess that is like apple pie with cheddar on top...
  • rtt121
    Options

WeberWho? said:
    I guess that is like apple pie with cheddar on top...
    Except its flipped.. like the way you should eat a Junior Bacon Cheeseburger.
  • NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Options
    My dad always made Fried Bologna growing up - awesome.  Melted american cheese, pickle relish,  and ketchup between white bread.
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is”