Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

got some Nandos Peri Peri Sauce . .

I grabbed a bottle of Nandos Peri Peri sauce over the weekend at World Market but forgot about it until right now.  I just grabbed it because I remember reading good things about it on this forum.  I am on travel for work so cant do tons of research now, but any sauce or marinade suggestions for my first taste?  I will be back home tomorrow so hoping to read some great suggestions and pick-up a protein on my drive back - thanks!
Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 

Comments

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Gonna have to say Piri-Pir chicken wings in the style of Nando's. Don't expect crispy wings though as they have to marinade. If @Dyal_SC was around, he'd agree.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Which kind(mild, medium, hot, extra hot extra extra hot, etc)?

I have a Nando's 2 blocks from my office. It is great on grilled chicken(this is what they are known for) and they also add some to mayo for a dipping sauce. Great on fries. I love hot sauce and would put it on anything. Anything over medium use more sparingly as a dip. When grilled, so of the edge is taken off. I usually get hot or extra hot on the meat and then grab a bottle of hot or medium along with the lemon garlic for the fries. If I'm feeling frisky I'll do extra extra hot. It comes in a little black bottle.
  • NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    I got a bottle of medium - and now I remember lots of Piri Piri wing talk!   Looks like I will be making a marinade tmrw for some chicken and grilling on Friday after sitting overnight in the fridge.  I wish I could get my wife to whip up the marinade early - but we just got a puppy and the weather is below 0 - I wont even ask!   Thanks for the ideas.
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Griffin said:
    Gonna have to say Piri-Pir chicken wings in the style of Nando's. Don't expect crispy wings though as they have to marinade. If @Dyal_SC was around, he'd agree.
    The real things aren't crispy except for the chargrilled edges. Still awesome.
  • NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Piri Piri wings were a hit - great unique flavors!  And yes that is a thin and crispy pizza in the oven as well - super bowl pig out!

Columbus, OH

• Nando's close to us, have only tried the medium, on a spatched bird. Was very good. Your wings look awesome, must try that. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,023
    Those look great! Love me some peri peri wings. Just had some the night before last. :). @Griffin, I'm gonna do better about getting on the forum. :)
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    You better @Dyal_SC. You've got a lot to share to with this group. Love seeing your cooks.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings