Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

question about recipe

Options
I have a question about this recipe on the website.  I want to try this but confused about the "remaining" milk where IS IT? If you use the milk, eggs cinnamon in the pudding mixture where does the remaining milk come from.  I can make this drizzle from the ingredients and have many times but the recipe is confusing and it may need some "tweeking" for anyone very new or I am totally missing the recipe instructions if so MY apologies.  Any ideas?

Cinnamon Roll Breakfast Bake

Posted on 9 January 2014

CinnRoll Use

Recipe courtesy of Nature’s Own. Visit Nature’s Own for more recipes.

Enjoy the flavor of hot, homemade cinnamon rolls without the kneading, rising and shaping.

Serves 9

pdf-small

Ingredients:

12 slices Nature’s Own Cinnamon Raisin Swirl Bread
4 eggs
11⁄4 cups milk
11⁄4 tsp vanilla, divided
2 tbsp sugar
1⁄2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 cups powdered sugar
2 tbsp butter, softened

Method

Set the EGG for indirect cooking at 350°F/177°C. Spray 8 or 9 in square (2-quart) baking dish with cooking spray.

In a large bowl, beat eggs, milk, 1 teaspoon of the vanilla, sugar and cinnamon until smooth. Cut bread slices in quarters; add to bowl and stir into egg mixture, breaking bread into chunks, until liquid is absorbed. Let stand 5 minutes.

Pour into 8 or 9 in square (2-quart) baking dish. Place dish on cooking grid and bake 30 to 40 minutes or until puffed and knife inserted near center comes out clean. Let stand while making icing.

In large bowl, beat powdered sugar, butter, 2 tbsp of the remaining milk and remaining 1⁄4 tsp vanilla with electric mixer on low speed or by hand until sugar is moistened. Beat at medium speed or by hand until smooth and creamy, adding milk a little at a time until spreading consistency. Spoon and spread icing over warm breakfast bake. Cut in squares to serve. Refrigerate leftovers.

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,976
    edited February 2014
    Options
    My guess here is that the recipe actually calls for 3 cups of milk - the 11/4 is 2 and 3/4 cups (yay - math!) which struck me as an awfully strange way to list a recipe.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • msocko3
    msocko3 Posts: 35
    edited February 2014
    Options
    My guess here is that the recipe actually calls for 3 cups of milk - the 11/4 is 2 and 3/4 cups (yay - math!) which struck me as an awfully strange way to list a recipe.

Or the 11/4 is actually 1 1/4 because the recipe writer forgot to space his numbers. I'm betting on the 1 1/4 because 3 cups of milk with 12 slices of bread may make soup.