Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT Beer again...pic thread!!!

Ok guys i know there are endless beer threads on here but id love to see some pics of what beer ya'll are drinking!!!

Im startin with these...the Muskoka ipa is wicked good so is the porter!!!

Its Friday for me as I worked all w/e...doing some turkey breasts to slice for kids lunch's this week and some thighs to have with ceasar for suppa later tonight!!!

Cheers!!

Jamie.

Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).

Comments

• Tigers34
    Tigers34 Posts: 37
    edited January 2014
    Currently the beer fridge is stocked with:

Old Black Bear ESB
    Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
    Sweetwater IPA
    boulevard pale ale
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,657
    new to me this weekend was a ' just beer' ipa.  pretty darn good and priced a little less than all the others
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • CANMAN1976
    CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593
    What a nice citrus flavour and beautiful head this has:)
    Love Muskoka beer!!

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    I had a couple "new to me" beers this weekend that were really good:
    And

Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• CANMAN1976
    YEMTrey said:
    I had a couple "new to me" beers this weekend that were really good:
    And

Man YEMTrey that beer is supposed to be awesome.....watched alot of youtube reviews latlely and that one is supposed to be spot on...wanna trade??? :D

• fishlessman
    edited January 2014
    had some raging **** this past week as well very good beer

had two types of shock top, really gross beer but while on the octoberfest diet had to choke those down. dont recommend these at all

fukahwee maine

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414

had two types of shock top, really gross beer but while on the octoberfest diet had to choke those down. dont recommend these at all

I'm glad you like my local brewery's offering. RB is great stuff. Try Pearl Necklace if you can find it.
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424

I'm glad you like my local brewery's offering. RB is great stuff. Try Pearl Necklace if you can find it.
    Agree with the pearl necklace recommendation. The Flying Dog Imperial Porter is one of my absolute favorite beers. This is what I had over the weekend:

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• CANMAN1976
    Finally found a beer the wife will drink other than coors light!!

• YEMTrey
    @CANMAN1976, sorry man.  I stopped shipping beer a while ago. 
    Steve 

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    @fishlessman .. had some raging **** this past week

My ex wife come over?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Decisions decisions decisions. I think I'll drink one and then drink the other. image

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• I purchased these 3 two of each..rated highly on the Internet. The Trappistes Rochefort 6 and 8 year. And LaFinDuMonde not bad but not my first choice. Going to track some of the above mentioned. Thanks
  • Aquacop
    Aquacop Posts: 481
    Sorry - No PIC, I just filled my growler with Ballast Points Sculpin, if you like IPA's its a must try! Their BIG EYE is also awesome!
    LBGE 2013 Located in Savannah, Georgia
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Poured the second one in the right glass. Makes all the difference in the world. Really opens up the flavors.image

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• CANMAN1976
    La Fin du Monde is awesome! I love it!!

I'd like to get my hands on some of Dark Horse "plead the fifth" but that may never happen in my lifetime:)

• Browninggold
    Browninggold Posts: 453
    edited January 2014

I'd like to get my hands on some of Dark Horse "plead the fifth" but that may never happen in my lifetime:)

Which Dark Horse? http://www.megabev.com/istar.asp?a=29&search=Dark+horse... Besides plead the fifth? Do you recommend any of these?
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    I have liked all of their beers, not just LFDM, la terrible was good too.

• Mayberry
    Mayberry Posts: 750
    If your wife likes Paulaner, pick up Wittekerke, Erdinger or Ayinger, if you can find them. All wheat based hefe weisens and very good. As for my recent finds, Weyerbacher's Old Heathen Imperial Stout is amazing. Also enjoying all of Highland brewery's beers and the remaining Sweetwater Festive Ale's I have left from Christmas.
    Athens, GA
    XL BGE, Large BGE and RecTec590
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Central City Craft Brewery has a new location here in Surrey, BC. Drove by and stopped in to see the place, they had 650ml bottles of Red Racer Pilsner for $1.98 each, bought 3 dozen. That's close to $25 a 24 of 12 oz bottles which is about 1/2 price her in Lotus Land. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
    Beer connoisseurs always drink beer from a glass as the aroma and taste is enhanced by the olfactory senses of the nose. The correct temperature is also important. Generally 50f is proper for most. 
      Beer guzzlers on the other hand don't care and prefer ice cold beer. An ice cold beers flavor cannot be enjoyed because the low temperature numbs the taste buds and you seldom can get your nose in the bottle's top or heaven forbid, a can. 
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• fishlessman
    edited January 2014
    Beer connoisseurs always drink beer from a glass as the aroma and taste is enhanced by the olfactory senses of the nose. The correct temperature is also important. Generally 50f is proper for most. 
      Beer guzzlers on the other hand don't care and prefer ice cold beer. An ice cold beers flavor cannot be enjoyed because the low temperature numbs the taste buds and you seldom can get your nose in the bottle's top or heaven forbid, a can. 
    brings up some points, i like bud near frozen in a frozen mug, probably because its not palatable when warm. ice cold guinness is a sin. if im drinking good beer i place it warm from the counter into the freezer for 20 minutes, seems to chill to the right temp in 20 minutes and its probably about 45 to 50 degrees at that time. then you have to have the right glasses for different types, cheap beer goes in a mug, light in a pilsner, ipas and stouts in the pint glass etc and thats probably an aroma thing having the right glass
    fukahwee maine

• berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
    Another use for the thermopen.
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    @Griffin - Do you ever go the Saturday afternoon brewery tours at Rahr? They have live music and it used to be $7 donation got you a pint glass and three tokens to get it filled. My buddy and I used to go there every time I visited him in Fort Worth. Its a good way to pass a Sat afternoon.
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • billyray
    billyray Posts: 1,275
    Beer is never OT. I've never met a beer I didn't like, I just like some better than others.  =))
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small, PBC, PK360, Genesis Summit, Camp Chef Flattop, Smokefire 24, Traeger Pro Series 22 Pellet with a Smoke Daddy insert, Gateway 55 Gal. drum, SNS Kettle w/acc.
  • BREWnQ
    BREWnQ Posts: 219
    Kegged a DIPA last night will take the first pull after work this evening.  This weekend I drank Lagunitas Sucks and gaaaddaammnnn thats good beer.
    Brewer, BBQer, Softballer, RCer, Father, HomeTheaterer, and trouble maker.
    Orange, CA
  • Drewdlc17
    Drewdlc17 Posts: 124
    One of Sweetwaters best!
  • YEMTrey
    Nice choice.  I liked the first label for that beer more though!
    Steve 

• Cookinbob
    Cookinbob Posts: 1,691
    I'm a home brewer.  On tap right now is Synchronicity (Wheaten Saison recipe from Northern Brewer) and Cookinbobs own Vanilla Porter.  On the left are two slabs of bacon waiting to meet the slicer, below the keg is my stash of smoked cheese which is aging.  Cookinbob has his own refrigerator!
    kegs.jpg 262.8K
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
  • tjosborne
    tjosborne Posts: 529
    BREWnQ said:
    Kegged a DIPA last night will take the first pull after work this evening.  This weekend I drank Lagunitas Sucks and gaaaddaammnnn thats good beer.
    Where was mine at? Would love to try some. Anyway heres what I have in bottles, and then Stone's Arrogant Bastard and SNPA on tap
    imageimage
    middle of nowhere- G.I. NE