Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

CI Tilapia and Asparagus

Options
Mattman3969
Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
edited January 2014 in Seafood
Seasoned with some creole seasonings and cooked on a CI hot plate(whatever you call it) with asparagus grilled raised direct on the half grid. imageimage The creole sauce really added great depth to the fish & I will prolly put the leftovers on spaghetti image

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.

Comments

• R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Options
    Nice! Looks like a healthy and tasty meal.
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Looks simple but tasty! How did you make the sauce?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    The sauce is a medium red onion, 1 red pepper,3 cloves of garlic ,1/4 tsp red pepper, 1tsp of thyme, 1/2 tsp oregano and 1- can of diced tomatoes Sautée everything but tomatoes until tender then add 1/3 cup of white wine, cook till liquid is about gone add tomatoes and cook until liquid has reduced and stiffened up. Let cool and emulsify. After this I added some ancho chili powder just because I thought it needed it.

This sauce is awesome on scallops with @mickey coffee rub as well

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.