Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smothered pork chops on the BGE (pics)

Options
Terrebandit
Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
Thought I'd try something a little different with pork chops and this creation comes highly recommended by me. It's pretty simple and very good tasting. Get some chops. I like them with some good fat on them. Season them up with your favorite rub for pork and cook them indirect at 250 to an internal temp of about 130-140. Remove chops from grill and put them in a 9 x 14 pan (or similar). Remove plate setter and crank it up to 600 and sear the chops on both sides. After the sear, put them back in the same pan and cover to retain heat and moisture. Choke off the egg to reduce temp to 250-300 to get ready for the next cooking phase. In a large mixing bowl, combine the following ingredients: fresh carrots, frozen peas, fresh sliced mushrooms, sweet onion, your favorite rub, worstshire sauce, salt, pepper, and three cans of creme of mushroom soup. Mix this together and spoon it on top of your chops that are sitting in the baking pan. Cover the pan with HD foil and put it back in the egg. Cook indirect for about 1.5 hours. Check carrots for tenderness. If they are where you like them, add a tube of crumbled up ritz crackers and cook another 15-30 minutes. I served these smothered chops with baked potatoes cooked on the egg and a bowl of apple sauce. These were totally awesome. imageimageimage
Dave - Austin, TX

Comments

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    That looks truly awesome.  I just have to figure out a way to get my kids to eat it.  Once they try it I'm sure they'll love it.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX