Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I need to confess and get something off my chest

Options
2»

Comments

• Village Idiot
    Options
    Mickey said:
    Village Idiot .... Your Mother was Cher?

=))   Well, perhaps, I embellished the story a tad bit.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Options
    Mickey said:
    Village Idiot .... Your Mother was Cher?
    Ah so that's why he takes the purple pill, so he can be Bono. (or get one)

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    I'm embarrassed by how much I like the McRib.  Nebraska born product, so that's kinda cool
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Kind of like the clap- there are certain things you just don't share
    Greensboro, NC
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    I grilled spam tonight and made a sandwich. Something I saw here. I feel sick now. Wish it was a mcrib.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Lit said:
    I grilled spam tonight and made a sandwich. Something I saw here. I feel sick now. Wish it was a mcrib.
    Dude...I ate a burrito with Philly Gourmet meat (like Steak-umm) for lunch.  I don't know what was worse...the shame or the nausea.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    We have had open a couple of Friddys Steak-burgers just open ( I like the burger and really like the meatloaf sandwich ). The question here is this Steak-umms?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Bayarad
    Bayarad Posts: 313
    Options
    Had a McRib yesterday! Very yummy!
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Options
    This seems similar to the "Watcha drinkin?" thread - but McNasty-er.

I want a jamocha shake.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • Loosemoose
    Options
    I would like to talk more about Arby's brisket sandwich. I want to cook a brisket but I'm not sure I have ever had brisket before. I got an Arby's brisket today and was totally unimpressed! Now I really wonder if I should spend $40 on this hunk of meat to try it out at home. It seems to be one of the most popular cuts of meat cooked on here. Any advice?
    Nowhere Indiana
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    @Loosemoose I'm betting that Arby's brisket bears about the same resemblance to real brisket as Arby's roast beef does to real roast beef, which is none whatsoever. 
    Find a local butcher, get a small brisket, maybe 5-6# flat, and give it a go. I used the Travis Method for the first couple, very easy and good results. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Loosemoose
    Options
    Thanks Skiddymarker, I will give that a try.
    Nowhere Indiana
  • bbqlearner
    Options
    Arby's brisket sandwich or McD's rib sandwich? Man so many choices...I'm confused now  :-/

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options

Arby's brisket sandwich or McD's rib sandwich? Man so many choices...I'm confused now  :-/

Make sure you stop for a bacon sundae at Burger King afterwards
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Loosemoose
    Options
    I tried the brisket sandwich out of curiosity as I would love to try a brisket cook. I'm 51 years old and my dad was a meat cutter and I had meat on the table as a kid most every night. I am not sure we ever had brisket.
    I will try to cook one here at home. It's not like the $40 will break me up.
    Usually when we eat meat at a restaurant we are disappointed anyways because we can cook better here at home. The egg and the knowledge I have gained here have helped a lot.
    Thanks again for the advice.
    Nowhere Indiana
  • Crimsongator
    Options

Pork butts are very forgiving and I will look for one I like and settle on the lowest price. For brisket I truly believe it all depends on the quality you start with. Flats are too difficult to be the first brisket you cook, it will generally end up dry. I picked up a 11lb prime brisket last week. It has enough fat to stay moist and end up great. Anything less than choice and I would pass.

If you want to be successful, shoot me an email and I would be happy to talk and give you some suggestions

• Loosemoose
    Options
    Thanks Crimsongator. I'm off work the week of thanksgiving and plan on cooking one then. I'll shoot you an email between now and then.
    Nowhere Indiana