Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pensacola Eggfest Success!

First off, wanted to thank Buck Hall and everyone involved in putting this on! Pensacola has been needing something like this for a long time! We were one of the first teams to sign up and no one had any idea of how many cooks to be expecting, ending up being over 50 teams cooking. The location could not be any better, right on Pensacola Bay at our AA baseball team Blue Wahoos stadium. Weather was perfect and it was smelling amazing everywhere down town with the wind blowing in from the bay and pushing the wonderful smoke and aroma we all love around town! 

I believe there were over 700 tasters that came for the event and 90% of folks ran out of food right before everything was closing down, we did chicken kabobs over fried rice and alligator kabobs that came from one of the alligators we killed over the summer that was 13'8" and weighted 675lbs (we had quite the store to tell!) over jambalaya. 

The meet and greet of all the teams was awesome and couldn't wish for better food and a new local brewery's beer. 

Here are a few picture I got of getting everything ready and tearing down. Was WAY to busy cooking during the festivities!

I highly recommend everyone trying to come next year if you get a chance, cant beat the Gulf Coast this time of year... unless a hurricane comes. If anyone has more pictures please add them!

Comments

• This was my first Eggfest and we had a great time. The venue was the best and the food was even better than expected. I'll be back next year for sure.
  • Grambler
    Grambler Posts: 153
    Nice! I grew up in P'cola. Went to Tate High School. Nowhere close to there anymore...
  • Whaler
    Whaler Posts: 110
    This was a blast ! Hats off to Buck Hall for making this happen in Pensacola.
    The Weather was Beautiful and the Venue on the Bay and the Meet and Greet
    were fantastic ...Thanks to Chef Voorhees and the Free Beer from Lewis Bear.
    We served about 200 pieces of bacon wrapped marinated duck breast with a
     sweet chili pepper glaze. Sorry no pics who had time for pics ?
    Again Thank You Buck Hall we all knew you could make this work even 
    though a few of the members here blew this event off because it wasn't like their
    Eggfest.
    Pensacola,FL
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Why would anyone blow off an eggfest?? Sounds like you guys put on an awesome party! :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Truck Stop Honey is good stuff.. Glad the Eggfest went well!
    LBGE
    MS Gulf Coast - Proud member of the Who Dat Nation!
    My Not Frequently Updated Basically Dead Blog: http://datcue.wordpress.com
  • Whaler
    Grambler said:
    Nice! I grew up in P'cola. Went to Tate High School. Nowhere close to there anymore...
    Tate High football has had a great year....First in a while.
    Pensacola,FL
  • Great venue and great food. @Whaler I made it a point to tell you on saturday but I repeat " the bacon wrapped duckbreast was the best thing I ate that morning."
  • Whaler
    @BigSteve I am humbled...
    Pensacola,FL
  • This was our first Eggfest and we had a terrific time!  We have only had our egg since February and we were able to taste a variety of foods that we have not egg'ed yet.  We arrived about 12:30 so some of the cooks had run out of food - I think there was a larger turnout than expected but we did not leave hungry.  The location can't be beat and the weather was perfect.  Thanks to all the cooks!
    Gulf Coast FL
  • Thank you everyone who cooked and tasted!  We had over 1000 folks attend and 55 BGE's lit up and running...we definitely exceeded our own expectations.  We had a great response and better than anything, we raised a lot of money for charity.  Let's see, cold beer, bbq, waterfront stadium on a cool, fall day...and we did it all for a great cause...how can than be bad? Thank you again!  We'll be putting the recipes together so look for an email from me (or don't wait and go ahead and send me yours).  From memory, brisket, pulled pork, ribs, pizza, shrimp/sausage/pineapple skewers, beef tenderloin, beef ribs, smoked oysters, paella, salmon, pork nachos, venison sausage, venison backstrap, several fish dishes, cookies, meatloaf, pork tenderloin and who knows what else...what a great time!  Thanks to everyone who helped...dozens of folks volunteered to make this a success...mark 11/15/14 down for the next one!
  • What an awesome venue! Looks like a great day to me.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX