Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

When and how you discovered the big green egg?

12346»

Comments

• This is some funny stuff guys. Those pics are epic!
  • This is some funny stuff guys. Those pics are epic!

It was nice of Travis to share. He doesn't show his guitar hero collection to just anyone. We all have to be a hero at something.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • I never heard of it until 6 years ago when my son told me about it. When I saw how much they cost I then it was a non issue, I am a working man with limited means and that was not on my radar! To make a long story short, my son wanted me to have one so bad that he offered to pay half of the cost of a large so I agreed. Best thing I ever did. I hav spent countless hours having quality time waiting for that special meal to do it's thing and visiting with famiily, especially my son. There are cheaper brands out there but I have had no experience with them. I am very satisfied with what I have.
    San Angelo, texas
  • NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    I heard a BGE commercial on the radio from a local distributor and instantly called them to learn that the EGG is awesome BUT expensive.  Later that year I went to a buddys house for a grillout and was excited to see he was doing a beer can chicken on the LBGE!!  I asked a million questions and watched his cook like a hawk, I was sold when I tasted the chicken.  

Long story short . . . I bought his LBGE a month later when he upgraded to a XL BGE.  Love at first sight and I snatched his 1 year old Egg at good discount.  I have it now over 3 years now and its better than ever.  Since then, I got my parents a medium EGG and also talked 3 of my other  friends to get one as well. 
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • Yeeeeeeeeee-ouch! Some things cannot be unseen...
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• Driving by the old Atlanta store.  They were cooking lunch and I could smell it from the open car window as we were on our way to a meeting at the CDC.  Stopped and that was it.  We were late for our meeting.
    Morro Bay, CA
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    SMITTYtheSMOKER Posts: 2,668
    edited November 2013
    Driving by the old Atlanta store.  They were cooking lunch and I could smell it from the open car window as we were on our way to a meeting at the CDC.  Stopped and that was it.  We were late for our meeting.

Good to see you around Mr Miller.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• CANMAN1976
    CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593
    Bump...lol
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,457
    edited November 2013
    WTH, no more Announcement status?  I guess you can kiss your XXL goodbye :D

Edit: my sincere apology if my tongue-in-cheek post did the damage!
    canuckland
  • CANMAN1976
    CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593
    WTH, no more Announcement status?  I guess you can kiss your XXL goodbye :D
    Damn ....I at least deserve t-shirt or a sticker:)
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Whodathunkit? The mods do pay attention to righteous indignation?

Oh and ....bump! :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Bump... With a cat. This is the Interwebs after all.

• Sigh.... It's baaaack...
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• Woody
    Woody Posts: 125
    edited November 2013
    About 5 years ago I was smoking a turkey for Thanksgiving.  Had my folks up from St. Louis and preparing all the trimmings.  I was using a Weber Smokey Mountain at that time and due to the thin steel sides and unusually cold windy weather in Detroit the turkey would not finish cooking.  Had to throw it in the oven to finish the cook.  Loved the turkey, but not the added aggravation. 

Didn't know much about the egg, but remember my brother in law had a Big Green Egg and telling me what all it could do.  I spent the next several weeks bugging him with questions and doing research on line.  I was convinced this was what I had to have.  

So I cleared the Christmas List and sent it out with a large BGE, platesetter and a few basic accessories on the list.  The message was received loud and clear as the relatives all chipped in. 

The rest is love at first bite and many more...        
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Large BGE SE Michigan
    :-*
    Woody in Northville, MI
    Large BGE with AR R & B Oval Combo w/Extender and Sliding D Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Smokeware Cap, Wok, Grill Grates and Kettle Q