Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grilled Grouper Showdown (with pics) 3 filets-3 rubs taste tested

Options

Had some fun this weekend with some grouper filets.  I wanted to try a few different rubs and have the fam do a blind taste test to determine the winner.  The three rubs used were:

1. dizzy pig ragin river
  2. paul perdomes seafood magic
  3. my grill spice blend salt, pepp, red pepp, oregano, garlic

Winner was DPRR, second was the spice blend and last was seafood magic

Personally I liked the clean grill taste of the plain grill spice, you taste more fish than anything. Wife and kids liked the DP and thus out pointed me... The store bought rubs are both great but they really take over the taste profile. 

Grilled all filets direct 400 with a well coated veggie grate.  Finished with butter and lemon. 

Comments

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,844
    Options
    That looks awesome - and is a great contribution to the forum.  Thanks for posting it.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Big Ragu
    Big Ragu Posts: 148
    Options
    I still believe that of all of the foods that I cook on my eggs, fish, seems to really improve in flavor when cooked correctly on BGE.  Living in FL has its drawbacks but the fresh fish is always avail.
  • RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    Options
    I wish I could get freash fish like that! Look's awesome.

Ricky

Boerne, TX