Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Solved - Weber grill light 7516 mod for LBGE wide handle

caliking
caliking Posts: 18,727
edited October 2013 in EggHead Forum
This one's for you @RAC.

This started with a previous thread : http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1158251/ot-which-weber-grill-light-works-with-the-new-lbge-handle#latest

Buy this - Weber 7516 Grill Out Grill Handle Light. Available on Amazon for about $25. This is the one commonly available at HD and Lowes for the same price. 

Two handle brackets come in the box. You want the B1 and B2 handle bracket pieces.

First cut the B2 piece. I cut vertically down at the notch on the left side of the image, to waste the curvy part of the bracket.

You will be left with a vertical piece that has the slots for the clasps on the other part of the bracket to snap in to.

Now take the B1 part of the handle bracket and remove the 2 foam rectangle pieces. Grind out the ridges underneath the foam pads. I used a Dremel tool. 

Install 3 AAA batteries in the light and screw B2 to the light (black screw in the box). Install the handle by engaging the 2 rear clips of the bracket around the handle first, then the single wider clip in the front. 

Its a hair too snug and so there is a little tension on the clips. I may have to grind a bit of the edges of the top bracket to get a better fit. Two zip ties around the light would also work well.

The light is pretty bright and casts light somewhat towards the hind side of the grid, but its plenty of light to work with. Works for me at least. YMMV.

This was a quick mod, sponsored by a single beverage:

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.

Comments