Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The "Soul Sauce" Story

2»

Comments

• Interesting story. We have a "Pembroke Road" near here. I am going down there to see if I can find this recipe. Most of the people on the side of the road there are usually waiting for mass transit or selling narcotics. Perhaps a meth recipe.. but I digress. There is also and adult store there but I do not get close enough to the folks standing out there to comment on activity or reason for standing outside. Village idiot, you are a riot. thailandjohn, you are a good sport indeed.
  • Chris_Wang
    Chris_Wang Posts: 1,254
    edited October 2013
    I love this place. Best in the world.

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• 4Runner
    4Runner Posts: 2,948
    Screw the story....I want the recipe. :)
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    edited October 2013
    Zzzzzz....
    I have yet to taste anything that is so good it should be a secret. I just move on...thanks.
    Food not that important to me.
    Hell guys on TV that own successfully restaurants show their stuff all the time.
    Seattle, WA
  • I agree,. Food is only important to me when I am awake. Well, I dream about it sometimes...

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    I love this place. Best in the world.
    Recipe? RECIPE??? Well I could tell ya...but then I would have to

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    edited October 2013
    maybe when i make a batch of happy pappy sauce we can trade, i cant share that recipe either
    :D
    My supply of Happy Pappy isn't going down too fast here as I seem to be the only one who cares for it. OTOH if Ken hadn't taken his Big Chief sauce recipe to the other side of the grass I would be making that stuff by the gallons. Ken Stone was a true rub and sauce formulation guru! BTW some may have known Ken as Blue Smoke. He's gone but not forgotten!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Well I might be a a**hole. But I I think you should either share the recipe or quit talking about it
    XL   Walled Lake, MI

• Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    I have to think that at some point old Pembroke was thinking, man, I wish I could get in touch with that cracker fella I gave the recipe to and tell him it's ok to share with others.
  • I certainly don't claim this to be the best sauce ever, it is a sauce that family and many friends enjoy. I have tasted so many good sauces over the years and I have made many different kinds of sauces After all these years of experimenting, I now have settled on making only three types...Soul, Texas-Carolina and Vinegar with pepper Most of the BBQ I do, I put on no sauce. I provide sauce on the side. Good BBQ to me, requires no sauce to make it taste good. When most people talk about good BBQ, they are usually referring to the sauce. Most chain restaurants do not serve their BBQ without sauce all over the meat One of the fun things to do regarding BBQ is to experiment making a sauce of their own