Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Looking for good drip pans

Options
I'm fairly new at this, but I'm dissatisfied with my square drip pans. I have a large BGE and am thinking that a 15" or 16" round drip pan would be ideal. Big enough to catch everything, but without blocking proper heat flow. Disposables would be preferable, but I'd even settle for a tin pan. Any ideas?
Large BGE 2013; Mini Max 2015; Adj Rig; DigiQ
Ample supply of bourbon and cigars!
Naperville, IL

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    You may want to look at the ceramicgrillstore.com. You are going to want an adjustable rig at some time and they have awesome stainless drip pans that you can get in a package. Otherwise a deep dish pizza pan works well.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• CharleyR
    CharleyR Posts: 103
    Options
    Hey Little Steven, thanks! I'll check that out. That's twice in one day I've connected with you!
    Large BGE 2013; Mini Max 2015; Adj Rig; DigiQ
    Ample supply of bourbon and cigars!
    Naperville, IL
  • bettysnephew
    bettysnephew Posts: 1,189
    Options
    I have an XL, but you might measure across your plate setter and get the diameter.  I purchased some foil disposable pizza pans that happen to fit mine.  They work great.  Put 3 or more balls of wadded up foil between the pan and the plate setter to keep drippings from burning and giving your food an off taste. 
    A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
  • jeroldharter
    Options
    I found some 13x9 aluminum, shallow, lasagna pans at the grocery, 2 for $6. I line them with foil or easy cleanup and they are cheaper than disposables. FYI, rectangular works better with the adjustable rig. Also, I don't think I ever use a drip pan as a drip pan. I use it for the veggies to sit under some cooking meat like a spatchcock chicken.
  • Dave in Florida
    Options
    I buy aluminum roaster pans at Walmart for .94 cents each.  Works great for me.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Depending on how deep you need the pan, dollar store pizza pans are ideal. Wrap in foil for easy clean up. Come in 12/13/14/15".
    Found some round disposables at a local supply house, 13" was the largest, ideal for a MBGE, too small for a large. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • plumbfir01
    Options
    +1 for what steven said.. adj rig is great and i got the setup with the drip pan......buy an extra its worth the few buck
    Beaufort, SC
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    If you like the stainless steel drip pans, swing by your local Indian grocer (if you have one) for all kinds of stainless steel utensils, including round plate/platter type things that will work.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Austin  Egghead
    Options
    Ceramic Grill store is good place for SS pans.  Cooking stores are another and believe it or not baking stores also goo place to find SS pans.  Expand your search to SS cake pans. 
    But like Little Stephen says those places only sell pans and not the other great eegsories that Tom has.   
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx