Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

**NEW** Maverick ET-733

Options
porta
porta Posts: 88
edited September 2013 in Off Topic
68% of statistics are made up on the spot.

Comments

• jeroldharter
    Options
    This one allows two meat probes which I like.

The add says the probes are 3 feet long while the replacements are 6 feet. I prefer 6 feet.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Also the transmitter still has a screw for the battery compartment, which is annoying. But it does look like an improvement on the the et-732. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options
    did they make changes to the probes at all, thats usually what gives up on these things.  I don't use mine much anymore but the last time I did it was acting pretty screwy (big temp jumps up and down).  I like the idea but I try to keep things as simple as possible.
  • porta
    porta Posts: 88
    Options
    U_tarded said:
    did they make changes to the probes at all, thats usually what gives up on these things.  I don't use mine much anymore but the last time I did it was acting pretty screwy (big temp jumps up and down).  I like the idea but I try to keep things as simple as possible.
    My first question as well. They should have dumped money into upgrading the probes. I don't see myself using the USDA suggested pre-sets.
    68% of statistics are made up on the spot.
  • MrCookingNurse
    Options
    If they didn't change the probes, it doesn't matter what they upgraded. Both of mine have pooped and I've just been flying commando

XLBGE 
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    Useless. The presets are for zombies. As noted above, if the probe quality is not improved, it is just another useless toy. My 8060 is a tank, pity I have to use the baby monitor to make it wireless. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Options
    U_tarded said:
    +1 and then some.

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE