Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

chicken cajun pasta

Tonight I made chicken cajun pasta .I cooked the chicken separate on the grate and everything else in enamel cast iron . everything went awesome till the sauce got to hot and the half and half separated . it was still OK just not perfect.

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
Greenville Tx

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    We like pics of both hits and misses please. Sure sounds good.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    You asked for it.

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • texaswig
    After adding and breaking cream.

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • what was the recipe?

Pentwater, MI
  • texaswig
    I blacken about 3 chicken breast.any blacken spice is fine.throw in some onion.deglaze the pan with diced fire roasted tomatoes.add garlic.add half and half or heavy cream till it looks about the way you want it.As soon as it comes up to boil turn it off to prevent breaking the cream.add cooked pasta and more blacken spice if you like it super spicy.

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • @texaswig  is that a le creuset pan you have on the egg? if so how does it hold up on the open flame of the grill? I have one but I have been nervous to put it on the egg being that it is coated and not raw cast iron. 
    Pure Michigan
    Large BGE, Medium BGE, Mini BGE, Weber Smokey Mountain, Weber Performer.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
  • texaswig
    Its a cuisinart. I'm sure they well work. If you can use them on a gas range than they're tuff enough for whatever.its a 6 quart I gave 80 for it.my favorite go to pan.

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Recipe sounds tasty. Something different for us. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • texaswig
    It's way better than chilis or Applebee's.

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • Yep, that's pretty. Bookmarked.
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,431
    texaswig said:
    If you can use them on a gas range than they're tuff enough for whatever.

Never thought about it that way, yeah!  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Looks good to me, but I'm no no homemade sauce expert. Still going to give it a whirl.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • @shadowcater I have a le creuset dutch oven that I received as a gift. I was leary about using it but convinced myself that at least it was being used. I have only had it on the Egg twice now but still it still looks brand new and works great.
    Albion, PA
  • Parallel
    Parallel Posts: 433
    edited September 2013

texaswig said:
    Tonight I made chicken cajun pasta .I cooked the chicken separate on the grate and everything else in enamel cast iron . everything went awesome till the sauce got to hot and the half and half separated . it was still OK just not perfect.
    Breaking a cream sauce is no biggie... next time just add some milk and stir to reconstitute the sauce then begin the reducing process again.

Every time my elbow bends my mouth flies open.