Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Bulgogi and Stuffed Hatch Peppers

Options
mgoblue0484
mgoblue0484 Posts: 148
edited September 2013 in EggHead Forum
It has quickly become a family favorite, beef bulgogi. Thought I would share. I buy the beef flap meat at Costco, which I found to work the best, it's tender, I also use it for beef fajitas too. Marinade the beef overnight. For 1 lb of beef, use: 

5 Tbsp soy sauce 
2.5 Tbsp brown sugar 
1/4 cup diced green onion 
2 Tbsp minced garlic (I also slice up some ginger as well) 
2 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds (black or white) 
2 Tbsp sesame oil 
1/2 tsp ground black pepper. 

Put ingredients in dish and stir, simple. I slice the beef in strips and add it to the marinade. Since the bulgogi is sliced fairly thin, I grill it at 350, so it doesn't dry out. I used a cast iron grate, couple minutes per side and you are golden. 

This particular night I used hearts of romaine to wrap the beef in. I garnish with sticky white rice and a special sauce which consists of: 
1/4 cup sugar 
1/2 cup water 
2 tablespoons soy sauce 
2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar 
2 tablespoons ketchup 
1 tablespoon lemon juice 
1/8 teaspoon sesame oil 
1 tablespoon hot mustard 
1 -2 teaspoon garlic and red chile paste (Siracha) 

Wegmans had pre-stuffed Hatch Peppers with Italian sausage. I wrapped a couple pieces of thick cut bacon to give some extra flavor and to preserve the skin, roasted at around 400, for 30 minutes. I was a Hatch Pepper virgin until I had these, they were really good. I bought a few extras to roast. Anyone have any good ideas what to make from the roasted peppers? 

My beverage tonight, Fat Heads, Head Hunter IPA. If you only get it if you live in ohio or Pennsylvania. It is a damn good IPA! 

Enjoy!

GO BLUE!

Fairfax, Va

Comments