Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Trader Joes Santa Maria Tri Tip

Ok I'm not affiliated with Trader Joes but ever since the moved into my area I can't get enough. No it's not new to me I had them when I lived in CA years ago and loved them. Well a few months ago I had both a Tri tip at Costco and reversed seared it, came out awesome and I was determined to do it again someday. Well Costco is 20 miles from my house and I don't have a membership anymore.

TJ,s came to my neighborhood about a month ago and I was combing the place yesterday and came across the Santa Maria Tri Tip. I was a little leery about the marinade and all the sodium and crap in it my wife will complain about, but hey if a few minutes of ####### I think I will survive.

She didn't even notice the package and said nothing score one for me. I did a reverse sear and pulled it at about 130 (I like rare to med rare).

Was pretty awesome but next time I'm going with no marinade and doing DP Cow Lick I think.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

Comments