Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wicked Good Charcoal

2»

Comments

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    yzzi said:
    I can't find any ozark oak around me. I have yet to order it, but the best site I found that doesn't rip you on shipping is this place: http://www.firemagicgasgrillguys.com/item_item_466.html

$6.90 flat rate regardless of how many you get (or free over 250). I've never ordered from them, but I will once I'm through with this forrestlump.
    I just clicked the link and it shows $12.95 now :(

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Shrek
    Shrek Posts: 67
    Lit said:
    Didn't mean to disagree I am on my phone. If you liked the old wicked good there is a lump on amazon called fogo that has bigger pieces than the old wicked good and burns forever. Its about the same price also about a dollar a pound with the free shipping.
    I've used Fogo and BGE and prefer BGE a lot more  
    My daughter named my Egg Shrek, because it is big, green, and burps.  
    LBGE in Arlington, VA
    God Bless America!
  • yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    I meant $6.90 for shipping. I'm only going to but a few bags to try so ordering enough to get free shipping on most other sites would be too much for me. It's a little more per bag of lump but they don't charge you outrageous shipping amounts. Maybe I'll get some others on a group buy to take advantage of a lower bag price but order enough to get free shipping.
    Dunedin, FL
  • It's been over a week since I emailed Wicked Good Charcoal. No response. I don't think they care.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    @Caliking pissed them off...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    Quite a bummer since they had a good thing going
    Dunedin, FL
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    well hey, at least some good came out of it - now they don't email folks if they can't be nice and civil about it! :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    Used to be my favorite. Now I seem to be drowned in Oo, not just flooded. :D

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• solon
    solon Posts: 25
    Wicked Good is terrible.    Will never buy it again.  
  • FireTower said:
    It's been over a week since I emailed Wicked Good Charcoal. No response. I don't think they care.
    Not caring about your customers leads to one place.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025

FireTower said:

It's been over a week since I emailed Wicked Good Charcoal. No response. I don't think they care.

McDonald's...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    henapple said:
    FireTower said:
    McDonald's...
    I'm lovin' it!
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    henapple said:

FireTower said:

McDonald's...

The McDonald's in the Wal-Mart is like the black hole of disdain for the consumer.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Welcome to Pop Copy...

• Does anybody know if Rockwood is available in Atlanta
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • Does anybody know if Rockwood is available in Atlanta

Not yet.....but it's coming.  Only on group buys right now.

Send me an email.

• BRush00
    BRush00 Posts: 367
    I've been using WGWW for about a year now, and recently - yup, it's gone to crap.

I bought a bag of Canadian Maple Leaf (at least, that's what I think it's called, it's got a maple leaf on the bag anyways...), and it's absolutely highlighted the fact that WGWW is completely different than it used to be... utter crap.
    [Insert clever signature line here]
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Shrek said:
    Lit said:
    Didn't mean to disagree I am on my phone. If you liked the old wicked good there is a lump on amazon called fogo that has bigger pieces than the old wicked good and burns forever. Its about the same price also about a dollar a pound with the free shipping.
    I've used Fogo and BGE and prefer BGE a lot more  

I only use Fogo for low and slows I use Royal Oak for my daily fast cooks. The big green egg lump isn't bad but not anywhere close to the quality of lump Fogo is for slow cooks. This is a picture from the first bag of Fogo I got and this wasn't digging through the bag this was grabbing the pieces from the top.

• Acn said:
    FireTower said:
    McDonald's...
    The McDonald's in the Wal-Mart is like the black hole of disdain for the consumer.

Heck, Walmart by itself is a black hole of disdain.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    I think I got lucky. I bought a pallet of WGWW over a year ago. Still have about 1/3 left. So far all is good. Sounds like I will have to do a little homework once I get to the bottom of the pallet.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX