Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT, OT Natural Gas leak.

Options
Aviator
Aviator Posts: 1,757

So, I decided to mow my overgrown amazon grass forrest this evening and do my JD (not Jack D, yu doofus) when I am running it up and down, get this "smell" of gas. All over. So ride up to my gas supply unit and turn the JD to idle, guess what? my meter is a blowhole and howling. So I high tail it out of there in a hurry, and go park the said JD. All fun is over @ this point.

Run into the house screaming like a 16 yr. old who has been violated, and try frantically find the emergency number for the gas Co.

Nope! No where to be found. contact us give email and live chat which is closed. No nothing. Anyway I found a number and this oooold chick comes on and asks me what the color of my car is, what  is my fav fish, and is my condom ribbed, and I am trying to tell her this **** is gonna hit the fan!!

After about an hour this guy shows up. :) I am standing outside making sure no one in the area is smoking, a weed or whatever, and he gets out of his truck with a spray bottle. !! I mean you can hear this **** blowin from the street (noise).

Anyway all is well. He ran up, turned the main off, turned around around and said:

Yu were my Doc! When I returned from Iraq, you took care of me. !!!

What a small world. I was so happy to see one of my sick wounded patients, gainfully employed and in fact taking urgent calls.

We shook hands and had a "talk". He fixed me all up, all new fixins outside and we are rollin right along.

I am so pleased today.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

Comments

• Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    You got lucky. Can't believe it took an hour. My neighbor thought he smelled gas and called 911. Within minutes, the whole block was evacuated, with fire and police response from 3 different towns. Turned out to be a leak in the street following the path of least resistance into his basement. He didn't even have gas lines into his house.
    Options
    Isn't it great when a something bad turns into something good?  I'm glad you're safe!
    Flint, Michigan
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    Options
    This was howilin gas. I was lucky it was prior to my meter, or else, I would be getting a fat bill as well. This was on their clock.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,333
    Options
    Start with 911 and then let the excitement disapate.  Much easier to send the trained first-responders home then to wish you had called them sooner.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Holy sh!t! Good to know that nobody was hurt and  everything is ok. Quite the emotional rollercoaster for you today, between the gas leak and crossing paths with an old patient. Its nice to be remembered for good things you've done. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited September 2013
    Options
    And I thought I had an exciting day, excitement comes in many different colours I guess - glad all is well. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • SmokinDAWG82
    Options
    Scary, glad there was a happy ending
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA