Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Royal Oak Report

Options
2»

Comments

• RLeeper
    RLeeper Posts: 480
    Options
    Fwiw I got confirmation from the mothership that RO makes BGE lump. They say its the "premium" pieces from RO. I use RO exclusively that I get from restaurant depo and I love it.
    Extra Large, Large, and Mini. Tucker, GA
  • Kosko
    Kosko Posts: 535
    Options
    I have had NOTHING but good luck with royal oak! I used WGWW before the the demise! Every now and then I get a less than desirable bag of royal oak, but you absolutely can't beat it!
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options

Both
    RLeeper said:

Fwiw I got confirmation from the mothership that RO makes BGE lump. They say its the "premium" pieces from RO. I use RO exclusively that I get from restaurant depo and I love it.

I believe I said same company, different quality... Never doubt the hen.
    [-X
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Options
    Also very happy with RO
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • RLeeper
    Options
    Both
    I believe I said same company, different quality... Never doubt the hen. [-X
    Very true Hen! Wasn't doubting you I just missed it somehow. Thanks for setting me straight!
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Jk lol broski.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • TMay
    TMay Posts: 87
    Options

Royal Oak works fine for me, I burned my free bag of BGE, then switched over..   No issues at all...

Rowlett, Texas
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    First bag of RO from Wally World had this "meteorite" and rock in it. Used RO since as my main brand, and have not seen anything like it since. Being a lump whore I will use just about anything that is on sale and there have been some surprises. Using the Whiz's 1" squares...
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • RLeeper
    Options
    henapple said:
    Jk lol broski.
    No offense taken!