Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wicked Good Weekend Warrior

So, I made my regular trip to Ace Hardware today to pick up a few bags of lump. When I got there, no Weekend Warrior. I asked the store manager if they had any in the back and was told that Ace stopped carrying Wicked Good "because they changed their supplier and the quality had dropped off". So, according to him, all Ace stores stopped carrying it. He said it was replaced with the Kamado Joe lump, which he said was made in the same place as the old Weekend Warrior, and was the same thing. He hooked me up on the price of the Komado Joe lump, but I'm not impressed. Not the same stuff at all. A few big pieces, like what was in WGWW, but mainly chips,dust and small pieces. Anyone now if this is true about Wicked Good, or if the guy was just trying to sell me what they had? Also, other recommendations are needed. Weekend Warrior was my go-to lump for low and slow cooks. I can't get Ozark Oak locally, or I would try that. On a side note, if anyone is making a trip to Georgia in the near future and is willing to bring me a few bags of Ozark Oak, I'd be eternally grateful.
Athens, GA
XL BGE, Large BGE and RecTec590

Comments