Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT.. Who have you met?

124»

Comments

• billyray
    billyray Posts: 1,275
    edited August 2013

Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small, PBC, PK360, Genesis Summit, Camp Chef Flattop, Smokefire 24, Traeger Pro Series 22 Pellet with a Smoke Daddy insert, Gateway 55 Gal. drum, SNS Kettle w/acc.
  • SteveWPBFL
    SteveWPBFL Posts: 1,327
    Walter Trout. As you can see he is my go to guitar hero. He signed my t-shirt and talked to my wife and I for a few minutes after one of his shows at the Bamboo Room. He's the real deal on stage, and off.
  • Love Walter Trout.  Never noticed that on your avatar.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

• hondabbq said:
    All of Motley Crue, Tesla, WASP, LA Guns, Pretty Boy Floyd, Ratt, Jon Bon Jovi, Rene Russo, William Shatner
    Why would anyone name their kid Jon Bon?
    The Naked Whiz
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    edited August 2013
  • The Naked Whiz
    edited August 2013
    I can add M. Scott Peck to my previous list.

Also, this guy isn't famous, but he is quite impressive.  I met a survivor of the Bataan Death March.  He was at one of my son's American Legion games.  He had those boys laughing so hard, they were holding their crotches trying not to pee themselves.  Amazing after what he went through.

(Don't know why this stupid software is trashing the post with funny symbols, unless you don't see them and only I see them....)
    The Naked Whiz
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    I didn't meet them but my grandfather did and gave me Johnny Bench and Mickey Mantle's autographs together on a golf card.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • The Naked Whiz
    edited August 2013
    My sister managed a Book Star and got Nolan Ryan's autograph for me when he did a book signing.

Oh and how can I forget.  Dr. BBQ, Ray Lampe!
    The Naked Whiz
  • TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Also met Jesse James at the Winter Nationals. He married a girl I know pretty well from racing.
    Actually a real nice guy and not the ass everyone makes him out to be. Still see him all the time at the races and says hi to me and remembers who I am.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• GQuiz
    GQuiz Posts: 701
    Interviewed Willie Nelson for a Christmas radio show. Walked into his studio and all I saw was a cloud of smoke and tennis shoes.

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life
  • Lowflyer
    Lowflyer Posts: 785
    Frank Thomas-Tigers
    Tim Hudson-Braves
    Jessie Tuggle-Falcons
    Tom Bulleit-Bulleit bourbon
    Jimmy Bedford-Jack Daniels master distiller (deceased)
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    GQuiz said:
    Interviewed Willie Nelson for a Christmas radio show. Walked into his studio and all I saw was a cloud of smoke...
    Does Willie have an Egg ?

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• GreenhawK
    GreenhawK Posts: 398
    I was an Athletic Trainer for the first phase of my career, and along the way I got to meet a lot of great people. 

My last and favorite job as an athletic trainer was for the Harlem Globetrotters.  I got to travel all over the world, I got to meet a lot of celebrities, and work with a group of the greatest guys in the world.

Living on the road is a lifestyle like no other.

My best memories are 1) Smoking a Cigar with Kurt Russell, and Goldie Hawn in Rome Italy.  We just ran into them in a small club there.  2) Drinking beer with Curly Neal in the hotel bar in Houston.  Now that man has some stories about his years traveling the world that are freaking unbelievable.  
    Large BGE Decatur, AL
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Jack Nicholas, Gary Player, Arnold Palmer, Tom Watson, condy rice, tour bus with lady antebellum, Morgan freeman in Asheville, Reece Witherspoon in Nashville
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • SaltySam
    SaltySam Posts: 887
    @shadownick "Got a MNCI 4-star challenge coin out of it though."

Were you at Camp Victory? I did a stint at Al Faw palace in 2006. Best time of my career.

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

• Met Don King the boxing promoter when he was managing Virgil Hill (whom I also met)the light heavyweight champ at the time. Mr. King was quite the character. Also met Phil Hansen who was a former Buffalo Bills defensive lineman during their Superbowl years.

• SteveWPBFL
    SteveWPBFL Posts: 1,327
    Frank Thomas, Tigers????
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167

Oooops, I forgot Tom Smothers one night at the Washington Square Bar & Grill in San Fran.

Nice guy. 

John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Once played Blackjack in Vegas at the same table as Penn or Teller - the big guy who talks.  
    GK59 Posts: 501
    When my brother lived N of Indy his next door neighbor was Tony Sarigusa (sp). The man was just huge. BSed a bit. Now where he lives Pat Underwood who pitched for the Tiger lives next door. Haven't meet him yet. Need to take a Tiger t-shirt for an autograph.

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

• Popcorn King, Orville Redenbacher.  He was wondering around the lobby of the Hyatt in Kansas City.  Appeared lost.  I asked if I could help him find someone/something.  Asked me if I'd seen the Sunday supplement.  He then pulled it out to show me his picture and coupons.  He couldn't believe his picture was in there.  I concluded that his "act" for commercials was no act at all. 
  • When I was three, set in Minnie Pearls lap and had our picture in the Shriners paper,
    Hendersonville, TN.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414

GQuiz said:

Interviewed Willie Nelson for a Christmas radio show. Walked into his studio and all I saw was a cloud of smoke...

Does Willie have an Egg ?

The red EYED stranger.
  • Frank Thomas, Tigers????

My bad, Sox... Too much adult bev that night.
  • We met Hollyrock movie star Rock Quarry once. His car broke down in front of my cave, so he came over for help. Wilma went nuts and acted like fool.

But he seemed like a regular guy to me.
    Flint, Michigan
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Thanks TJ, I played craps at the same table with Mike Ditka in Vegas once.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Funny thing I was at a great steak restaurant in Dallas last night and sitting at the bar and next to my swmbo was Ron White, he asked about my wife's jalapeño martini and then talked to herald night. Super nice guy and by no means was trying to hook up with my wife or anything, bought us a drink and we bought him one and had great conversation.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    Junior Walker and The Allstars helped my date and I change a flat tire after one of their concerts at Clemson. Really nice guys. Met Roger Staubach at a restaurant in Dallas - got his autograph. No one else in our group recognized him. Met Willie Nelson at Billy Bob's Texas. Met the cast of Dallas at a polo match in Dallas. Met Frank Griffin, he did a gig (motivational speaker) at a convention I was at in Vegas. He was there for 3 days. Met Joe Frazier in Charleston. Got his autograph too.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,797
    When I was in New York about 7 years ago I decided to buy a suit at Brooks Brothers on Park Avenue.  When I got to the room where you strip to your underwear and get measured so they can tailor the suit - I found myself standing next to Mike Wallace who was also wearing only his underwear.  I didn't get his autograph.  We didn't go out for a beer.  We didn't keep in touch. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Foghorn said:

When I was in New York about 7 years ago I decided to buy a suit at Brooks Brothers on Park Avenue.  When I got to the room where you strip to your underwear and get measured so they can tailor the suit - I found myself standing next to Mike Wallace who was also wearing only his underwear.  I didn't get his autograph.  We didn't go out for a beer.  We didn't keep in touch. 

Brooks Brothers?? Hubba! Hubba!
    Flint, Michigan