Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What's In Your Egg? (for Eggtoberfest)

We are about 8 weeks out from Eggtoberfest, so just curious—who is cooking and what is your potential menu lineup?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

For GaMtnFest we cooked ABT’s, Cuban Sandwiches with Mexican Street Corn, and Thin Crust Grilled Pizzas.

For Eggtoberfest, Cubans are out since no way to do lo/slo overnight on the Cuban Pork Shoulder, and no electricity for finishing them in sandwich press.  So, for right now the Smokin Tiger preliminary Eggtoberfest lineup is:

1)       ABT’s finished with raspberry chipotle pepper sauce

2)       Cast Iron Skillet Shrimp and Grits

3)      Variety of Thin Crust Grilled Pizzas.

Lookin forward to seeing what you will be cooking!

Comments

• fljoemon
    fljoemon Posts: 757
    I will surely stop by and sample your fine cuisine :-)
    LBGE & Mini
    Orlando, FL
  • 4Runner
    4Runner Posts: 2,948
    edited August 2013
    No grilled chicken?  

:D

Looks like a great lineup!  Would love to try those ABTs.
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
  • Getting in line early for your second dish.
    LBGE- Atlanta, LBGE and SBGE- Ellijay, GA
  • 4Runner said:
    No grilled chicken?  

:D

Not at Eggtoberfest, saving my chicken cooking for the Saturday after Thanksgiving 

;)
  • agriffin--one question--when you unplug it due to lid opening--what do you unplug-the power to the whole control unit?  or just unplug the fan cord from the control unit? 
  • Sorry, that last post was for another thread--my bad
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    So far, Brisket Chili and Elk Balls but still working on the menu.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Charlesmaneri
    Charlesmaneri Posts: 1,295
    was planing on pork shoulder but found out cook goes from 8am till 3pm so no low and slow pork so I think that im going to do several different types of beer can chicken like one with beer another with a wine herb mixture maybe another with a garlic herb butter mix  not exactly sure but I know for sure that it will be whole chickens they only need about 1 1/2 to 2 hours cooking time  and then I will be able to go out and about sampling other cooks food and chat and pick the chef's brains 
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • Chris_Wang
    Chris_Wang Posts: 1,254
    edited August 2013
    Looking forward to meeting you all

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092

There will be a group of us cooking under the North Geogia Eggers banner...so far we will be cooking:

Cinnamon rolls, Bite Ya Back Brownies, Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese sandwiches and a few other choice goodies...drop by and say hello... 

• ShadowNick
    ShadowNick Posts: 533
    Boneless Skinless thighs glazed in Captain Rodney's Sweet and Spicy Pepper Glaze and tossed in homemade wing sauce.  A few different varieties of pork tenderloin, and still coming up with a 3rd
    Pentwater, MI
  • Thinking about cooking Brunswick stew but i'll have to cook the meats at home and warm them on the egg at the fiest. Also thinking of apple dumpling rolls and Mississippi Prime Rib. Maybe Bang Bang chicken kebabs.
  • Hic
    Hic Posts: 350
    We have not finalized out menu yet :(

Large, medium, small and a mini. Egg'n, golfing, beer drinking, camping and following football and baseball.
    Atlanta NOTP suburbia.

• mr toad
    mr toad Posts: 779
    working on a new pork loin variety - miss alyce's baked apples - breakfast casserole
    pork loin + grilled pineapple appetizer
    looking forward to a great day

mr toad

my grandson, jacob - sr at south carolina is coming to cook with us - this will be fun

See no Evil - Hear no Evil - Speak no Evil
                        Smoke no Evil

BGE - Mini, Small, Medium, Large
  • you southern boys have a advantage as Flyflinger said cook at home and warm up at the eggtoberfeast  ,me im driving down to Georgia from Long Island N.Y. so whatever I cook it has to be done from raw ,Im just saying !!!!!
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • @charles--you make us southern cooks sound like we are bringing TV dinners to the eggfest--LOL.  I think the problem is the event organizer is not set up to let anyone do overnight cooks--they need to fix this. 

In contrast, the GaMtnFest in May does let you come in and start night before if you want to, so there I was able to smoke a pork shoulder overnight and then use fresh pulled pork for cuban sandwiches.  Definitely not a TV dinner.

• I'll bet even a TV dinner would be good on an Egg. Just saying.

Location 33.537588, -83.969298 (33.5 miles and 41 minutes SE of the Mothership)

• @SmokingTiger81 I agree 100% I was planning on doing a pork shoulder but time constraints will not allow that so I think I'm doing some beer can Chickens I should be able to do them in like 11/2 time 
    Long Island N.Y.
  • It all sounds so good!

I hope everyone has so much fun at the Eggtoberfest. I wish I could be there...but maybe I'll be in a better position to attend next year...and by then, I'll have made friends here who I can meet in person! That's something to look forward to. :)

I'm looking forward to reading about how it all goes. Good luck everyone and have the best time!

Big Egg dreamin' in Richmond Hill, Georgia
  • wow...I'm so happy that I'm going this year!  The food sounds amazing and I really look forward to making friends to continue my new BBQ journey! 

Does anyone know if professional teams cook during the Eggfest?

Thanks again!!!

BBQJDUB
    BBQJDUB

Charlotte, NC
  • What do you mean--we are all professionals, we just don't get paid. Lol. I do know 2 years ago Dr. BBQ was there doing some demos.
  • vidalia1

Usually the Canadian & Danish Natl teams show up...Dr BBQ, Chris Cappel of Dizzy Pig & a few others should be there...

• Getting close to time to finalize those menus for Eggtoberfest, so would be interested to see what cooks have on theri list now that we are close to the event.  I am doing the test cook on cast iron skillet shrimp and grits this weekend, will try to remember to do some photos to post here.
  • vidalia1

Our group (family) will have 8 cooks & 4 BGE's we will be cooking on... Our menu will be

Cinnamon rolls, Cheese & blueberry danish, PBJ French Toast, Sausage & Biscuits, Pizza, Loaded Baked Potatoes, Cheesy Taco Cornbread, Stuffed Tostitos, Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, Craisin Tacos & Nutella Quesadillas...

That is all....see y'all there...

• cspearce2
    cspearce2 Posts: 107
    4 cooks in our group, 2 Eggs
    First time cooks all...
    Chili
    Breakfast Burritos
    Lunch Burritos
    Probably some cornbread...
    Looking forward to the event

Kind Regards...Papa C
    Peachtree City, GA
    2-XLBG's E...Webber 22" kettle, Retired Gas Grill
    Roll Tide!!!
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053

Just got back from buying th emain ingredients. Doing:

French toast

BBQ pulled beef pizzas

Chili cheese hotdog tostito scoops

Apple cinnamon walnuts pork tenderloins wrapped in bacon weave

Brisket/Chuck burger bites

sliced up shoulder marinated in hoisin garlic

Nutella smores sandwiches

• JRWhitee
    Holy cow Lit I hope we can cook next to you.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Leaving at 2:30 am tomorrow morning to drive from Chicago to ATL.  Shopping and prepping food Friday since the folks live in Fayetteville.
    Pentwater, MI
  • JRWhitee
    Safe travels ShadowNick. Go Bears.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Lit said:

Just got back from buying th emain ingredients. Doing:

French toast

BBQ pulled beef pizzas

Chili cheese hotdog tostito scoops