Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT.. The wife's new ride

shtgunal3
shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
2014 Honda Odyssey

The last car she got was a brand new Nissan Xterra in 2002

Headed to the beach (Gulf Shores Alabama) Saturday.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

Comments

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Ahhh the chick's you can pick up in that thing :)
    Greensboro, NC
  • shtgunal3
    You could fit a bunch of em!

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Looks nice- hope she likes it. Always fun getting a new car. Now is a good time to push for that new egg toy or egg you have been wanting.
    Greensboro, NC
  • Nice I hope you have room for your egg
    LBGE And MINI Egg
  • Wolfpack said:
    Ahhh the chick's you can pick up in that thing :)
    If she ever let him drive it.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    I'll never convince my wife to get a minivan. I'm jealous.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795

Mini-vans are cool.  At this point, both my teenage kids would rather ride with me in our van than in my 1993 Honda Del Sol convertible. Go figure.

We got a 2002 Sienna at the end of 2001.  It now has 140,000 miles on it and has been abused - not necessarily in the mileage, but in the type of driving.  It's been to Big Bend with 110+ degree temps, Florida (numerous times), out of town soccer trips (at least a dozen) loaded with stinky players, camping trips (take out the back seats and load it to the brim), fishing trips, etc.  It was my daughter's car when she first got her license (probably the worst abuse) and will do the same for my son when he gets his license in the next year.  It also functioned for the main purpose for which we bought it - when my in-laws come to South Texas for 3 months a year we can take them along wherever we go without having to take two cars.

I wish you as many great memories in your new van as we have had in ours.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• shtgunal3
    Wolfpack said:

Looks nice- hope she likes it. Always fun getting a new car. Now is a good time to push for that new egg toy or egg you have been wanting.

I just got these.

:D

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Nice....did you get the waterbed option?
    Waterbed, strobe light, and smoke generator.

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    shtgunal3 said:

Waterbed, strobe light, and smoke generator.

Are you going to have a wizard or panther painted on the side?

I vote for shag, but kids and long-pile carpet don't mix.
  • SaltySam
    SaltySam Posts: 887
    They see me rooooooollllllllin...they haaaaaatin'

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

• CANMAN1976
    CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593
    Sweet ride for a MV! Love Honda and my ridgeline:)
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
  • warwoman
    warwoman Posts: 279
    Nice! Perfect for the beach.......will hold a lot more sand in the carpet, and tar balls on the seats!
    From the NE Georgia Mountains! Me, SWMBO, and two spoiled ass Springers!
  • Here's Wilma's ride.  1999 Dodge Caravan.  Mechanically sound and paid for in cash over three years ago. It has since been customized by an uninsured motorist in a parking lot miscalculation, suffered some Midwest cancer (rust) and was caught in a hail storm.  Now it's got dimples and dubbed "Titleist".  It's a "beater" to be sure, but it's dependable and that's what's important to us. 

Flint, Michigan
  • shtgunal3
    The ones that are paid for are the best kind.