Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

FS: Case of 93 Cedar Grilling Planks - $99

alphaking
alphaking Posts: 10
edited July 2013 in Forum List

I have 3 cases of cedar planks (93 per case) at $99 a case, + $10 UPS Ground shipping to the lower 48. They are individually wrapped in plastic, and measure 15in x 5-3/8in x 3/8in. Price is firm, only cases. I believe these are the last of them, so stock up while you can!! PM for Paypal or alternative payment info.

imageimage

Comments

• hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    This is your first post on the forum?

Lame...
  • alphaking
    hapster said:

Lame...

http://eggheadforum.com/search?Search=alphaking

I've been a registered member posting since 2007. I see you have over 1100 posts since you joined last year, I've just been too busy cooking to spend that much time on the internet. Thanks for the bump.

• rtt121
    rtt121 Posts: 653
    alphaking said:
    hapster said:

Lame...

I've been a registered member posting since 2007. I see you have over 1100 posts since you joined last year, I've just been too busy cooking to spend that much time on the internet. Thanks for the bump.

:))    Bazinga
    Medium, and XL eggs in Galloway NJ.  Just outside of Atlantic City.  
  • hapster
    alphaking said:
    hapster said:

Lame...

"Posting" since 2007? "Posting" is an action verb; so that means for that to be even a remotely accurate description of what you've been doing since 2007 would probably require more than the 2 posts so far and likely your 3rd in response to this...

• alphaking
    hapster said:
    alphaking said:
    hapster said:

Lame...

"Posting" since 2007? "Posting" is an action verb; so that means for that to be even a remotely accurate description of what you've been doing since 2007 would probably require more than the 2 posts so far and likely your 3rd in response to this...

I remember my first egg...

And all the others since then...

Really cool postcount though. I admire all the hard work you put in.

• Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    OK, I am in. Popcorn in the nuker. BTW, what a tool!

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• hapster
    hapster said:
    alphaking said:
    hapster said:

Lame...

. I see you have over 1100 posts since you joined last year, I've just been too busy cooking to spend that much time on the internet. Thanks for the bump.

Nice pictures... looks like you do a ton of bbq on all of your gear. Why not share a little bit of your experience with the rest of the eggheads? From the photos, it appears that you are involved in competitive cooking on some level.

Again I refer to your statement "I've been a registered member posting since 2007" and ask, if so, where are the posts? Have you been registered under another username?

The history here of posters who use their very first post to try and sell something has not been good.

The forum doesn't need another Mangrates infestation...
  • Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,566
    edited July 2013
    What in the world would someone need 93 cedar planks for?  I'm guessing most folks don't use a dozen a year which would give the most people a 7+ year supply.

FWIW most times it is not considered proper forum etiquette on any forum to come in and hawk your wares on your first post no matter how many years you have been registered.
  • alphaking
    hapster said:
    hapster said:
    alphaking said:
    hapster said:

Lame...

. I see you have over 1100 posts since you joined last year, I've just been too busy cooking to spend that much time on the internet. Thanks for the bump.

Nice pictures... looks like you do a ton of bbq on all of your gear. Why not share a little bit of your experience with the rest of the eggheads? From the photos, it appears that you are involved in competitive cooking on some level.

Again I refer to your statement "I've been a registered member posting since 2007" and ask, if so, where are the posts? Have you been registered under another username?

The history here of posters who use their very first post to try and sell something has not been good.

The forum doesn't need another Mangrates infestation...
    Hapster,
    I gotta wonder if you ever clicked the first link I posted in reply to you. The one which searched for all of my previous posts (which all happened to be in 2007 when I asked for help from a few other seasoned eggheads in getting my first egg rollin). I haven't posted here in a while, but this was definitely not my first post. Unfortunately, I have no Mangrates to sell. But I have turned quite a few cases of cedar planks on BBQBrethren and Primogrillforum (with the same username), and just figured I'd throw the last few cases up here since my egg is all I use them on. Feel free to google it. Had I just registered today, I wouldn't have listed them here. And if I were a new member to the forum, I'd probably be turned off from coming back after receiving that first worthless reply. Just my $0.02. But I'll be happy to share what I can add here, just as everyone was nice enough to do for me when I first signed up years ago. Hope the forum is still the same.
    Thanks,
    Chris

• alphaking
    What in the world would someone need 93 cedar planks for?  I'm guessing most folks don't use a dozen a year which would give the most people a 7+ year supply.

FWIW most times it is not considered proper forum etiquette on any forum to come in and hawk your wares on your first post no matter how many years you have been registered.
    FWIW, see my above post. Also FWIW, at nearly a dollar a plank, this is the last 3 cases of the 40 cases I had. It seems to me people do infact have a need. Either way, I appreciate your input.

• hapster
    alphaking said:
    Hapster,
    I gotta wonder if you ever clicked the first link I posted in reply to you. The one which searched for all of my previous posts (which all happened to be in 2007 when I asked for help from a few other seasoned eggheads in getting my first egg rollin). I haven't posted here in a while, but this was definitely not my first post. Unfortunately, I have no Mangrates to sell. But I have turned quite a few cases of cedar planks on BBQBrethren and Primogrillforum (with the same username), and just figured I'd throw the last few cases up here since my egg is all I use them on. Feel free to google it. Had I just registered today, I wouldn't have listed them here. And if I were a new member to the forum, I'd probably be turned off from coming back after receiving that first worthless reply. Just my $0.02. But I'll be happy to share what I can add here, just as everyone was nice enough to do for me when I first signed up years ago. Hope the forum is still the same.
    Thanks,
    Chris
    My apologies... I did not click on the link. It has been a while since you were posting regularly.

The forum is basically the same, plenty of people willing to help others, new and old. Maybe mentioning in your original post today something like "hey everyone, it's been a while..." something along those lines maybe would have been a better opening line instead of right into the pitch. Since you haven't posted in such a long time, it's easy to see how one could mistake you for a huckster or troll. Again, my apologies, since it seems you are neither of those...

Not a fan of trolls... a few months ago a troll on here wound up somehow causing all of my posts and pictures to be deleted.

Looking forward to seeing more of what you have to offer... in useful tips for newbies and not so newbies alike.

Thanks
    H
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Glad you guys worked things out.  This actually is a pretty friendly place...and, knock on wood, we're troll-free right now.
    I agree with @nolaegghead!

And, now that the dust has settled, I'd like to ask a question. What is the reason for putting the toothpick through the pat of butter on top of the salmon filet? Is it so that the entire pat does not slide off of the fish too quickly?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    I agree with @nolaegghead!

And, now that the dust has settled, I'd like to ask a question. What is the reason for putting the toothpick through the pat of butter on top of the salmon filet? Is it so that the entire pat does not slide off of the fish too quickly?

I gotta give credit for that pic to Ken K on the primogrillforum, but I'm guessing that was his intention so it wouldn't slide off into the fire.

• r270ba
    r270ba Posts: 763
    I really hate that I got tired of all the bitching on this forum and stopped being involved a couple of months ago to focus on cooking.  I come back to ask a quick question and this is the first thread I read...

Go figure...

I do appreciate the help you guys give on this forum.  I just hate all the bitching...
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

• alphaking
    2 cases left

• Big Ragu
    Big Ragu Posts: 148
    Local Fishmonger gave me a tip. Went to lumber supply and bought untreated cedar shims. Got a bundle which probably contains 100 planks for $15. Yes they are shims so they have a thin side and thicker side. I use the bias to my advantage, cooking the thinner side if the fish on the thicker end of the shim. I have used this palet for years and still haven't dented my stash. Save your money for the overpriced fish.
  • alphaking
    2 cases left.

• alphaking
    All sold.

Please delete thread.

• BigGreenBBQ
    BigGreenBBQ Posts: 109
    seems to have all worked out -- gosh knows you cant just come on here and try an sell something if you are not involved in the forum. I think that's all @hapster was trying to do -- standing up for the forum... tip of the hat to him and to both for not going down a nasty path.  That and only two mentions of the mangrates... pretty good day!