Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Think of VI

2»

Comments

• SmokinDAWG82
    SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,705
    Best wishes, hope your both back to Egging real soon
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757

Hope and pray all goes well and you recover to ride your Vespa. Actually, they say the upright posture is the hardest if you have a bad back. You might want to downgrade to a Ducati.

Kidding apart, you are such a good sport and a great cook VI. Come back with some Wokking adventures.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    You too Mickey? Get well soon.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Hope Mickey and VI are doing better. Patch, patch, patch .....! ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    This was to inform about Gary. I thank you all for the kind works. I am in LA just outside of Lafayette on I-10 headed East to Seaside FL just now. Without Eggs due to the wrist. But looking forward to white sand and azure water. More TX lic on cars than LA lic.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    @Mickey - if you stop in NOLA, give me a call, took off today.  I got an early start (self-medication prior to dentist visit).   Had a bad experience at a German dentist as a kid, I think his name was Dr. Mengele, had a pathological fear of them ever since.   But I think this worked out pretty well....maybe I'm over it.
    nola, did you have a twin?
  • nolaegghead
    Nope.  Oldest of 4.  And wisest.  And craziest.

Well, oldest of 3 now.  Sister died a few years ago from cancer.
    Nola, I am sorry to hear that. Probably better than what Mengele did to twins and other children.
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    @Mickey - if you stop in NOLA, give me a call, took off today.  I got an early start (self-medication prior to dentist visit).   Had a bad experience at a German dentist as a kid, I think his name was Dr. Mengele, had a pathological fear of them ever since.   But I think this worked out pretty well....maybe I'm over it.
    A friend of mine is a dentist. In college, he was the guy that drank a case a day and wore a duck tape bikini bottom only to a party because he thought it would be funny. I would rather go to Dr. Mengele!
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929

Man Nola, sorry to hear that buddy. That is tough...
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • nolaegghead

Chubbs said:

Man Nola, sorry to hear that buddy. That is tough...
    Thanks man.  That was a few years ago - she left behind three kids, but they're doing all right.  Her husband and their dad is an ER doc so they won't go hungry.
  • That's rough nola. My first wife succumbed to ovarian cancer the day before my daughter's 9th birthday. I know where you're coming from. I still feel funny seeing her family because I remarried, but most of them have been great.
    Flint, Michigan
  • nolaegghead
    Sorry to hear that Fred.  My dad passed away back in '95 of cancer too.  I need to watch out.  Or party like a rock star. 
    Probably just watch it....
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • nolaegghead
    You sayin' I can't do both? just watch me.  No rest for the wicked.
    Good luck with the recovery. A friend went through it but she is better for it now.
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674

I did wave at you from 1-12 :-h
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• bbqlearner
    bbqlearner Posts: 760
    Hoping for speedy recovery.

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts