Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smokey, Spicy, Creamy Awesomeness!

Parallel
Parallel Posts: 433
edited July 2013 in Off Topic
My BEST chicken and tasso pasta yet! This dish is NOT for those counting calories or trying to lower their cholesterol... it IS however for those who LOVE smokey, spicy, creamy awesomeness!

CHICKEN & TASSO PASTA

INGREDIENTS:
  • 3 chicken breast cubed into roughly 1" cubes
  • 1 lb tasso, diced
  • 1 lb rotini pasta cooked (just under el dente) and drained
  • 1/2 gal half and half
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter
  • 2 heads (not cloves) fresh garlic, smashed and chopped
  • 1/4 cup chopped green onion
  • 2 tbs olive oil
  • 1 tps Red Claw Cajun Seasoning
Pour olive oil into an 8 qt pot over medium low heat. Add the garlic, red claw seasoning and half of the green onion to the pot. Sweat the garlic and onions until the garlic is softened. Add the Tasso stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes. Add the butter and stir until the butter has melted, then add the cubed chicken breast meat. Raise the heat to medium and cook until all of the chicken is opaque (about 10 minutes). Add the 1/2 gallon of half and half and raise the temperature to medium high. Stirring frequently, reduce the liquid by half. Add the pasta and continue to cook on medium high heat until the sauce reaches your desired consistency (about 5 minutes) stirring very frequently. Serve immediately, garnish with remaining chopped green onions and, if desired, more red claw seasoning.

Every time my elbow bends my mouth flies open.

Comments