Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ay Elote, Ribs and Tomato Pie

Options
Richard Fl
Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
edited July 2013 in EggHead Forum
Hope you'll had a great and safe holiday.

Made a batch of Pice de Gallo to snack on while meal is cooking:

Started with a slab of Baby Backs.

300F indirect 3 hours, basting last 1/2 hour. Left bone side down whole cook.Covered for 2 hours with HDAF and they were still warm.

Had a tomato pie that YB first introduced me to back in '06 or so. Thanks Larry.

Ready for BGE:image

Cooked indirect 350F for 40 minutes then let rest 20 minutes:

Made a corn souffle but no pics so did some Mexican Elote wirh butter, salt and chile powder:

Dessert: store bought red,white and blue cupcakes-forgot pic. Thanks for looking.

Richard Melbooooring Fl.
"KING OF LONEY", SELF APPOINTED!!!!!

test

Comments

• Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Options
    Looks like a great meal to me! That tomato pie sounds like something I need to add to the list of things to try! 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • SWVABeanCounter
    Options
    Love tomato pie, never tried it on the egg.  Did it pick up a little smoke flavor?  Rest of the meal looks awesome also.  Thanks for sharing.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014