Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza

Options
I just joined the forums and had to fire up the grill. I was looking to do something different tonight so went with homemade pizza. So I thought I would share. Grill at 300. Pillsbury pizza dough. Sautéed Bella mushroom and spinach in olive oil with garlic oregano and basil. I cheated and used a bottled sauce but had fresh mozzarella that I sliced and parmesan that I grated. I used a backing sheet with a thick layer of olive oil that I spread the dough out on. Took the dough to the grill and used hands to pick up and lay on the grill for about 4 minutes. I could slide a peel under it and it came right off grill with nice marks on the bottom. I also sprayed the grill with oil right before laying dough down. Took the dough inside and placed it grill marks down on the same oiled cooking sheet that I used to role the dough out on. spooned a little sauce on the grilled side then my mushroom and spinach then fresh sliced mozzarella and placed the cooking sheet directly on the grill. About 5 minutes later the mozzarella was melted and brought in. Rest and slice. Sprinkled with parmesano and enjoy. I like doing it this way instead of treating the grill like a pizza oven. So much better to taste that grill taste in the dough and super easy. Brings some friends over and let them place their own toppings. People go crazy over it. 

Comments