Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Ribs - Pictures

Options
boatbum
boatbum Posts: 1,273

Had to search a bit on Saturday to find beef ribs that were not cut up.  Finally found some at the local Kroger.

These are plate ribs, what normally gets cut up and turned into short ribs.

Salt, Pepper, Dizzy PiG Steak rub, some worch.

started at 240 dome, indirect.  After 2 hours, wasn't anywhere close to being done.  Foiled with some beer and bbq sauce.   1.5 hours, inching the heat up as I go.   Out of the foil, showing bone, but the clump of meat on top was not done.   Cooked another almost 2 hours until I decided they were done.

Probably the most tasty and tender piece of meat I have ever cooked.   Fantastic.   Sliced the top part like brisket.  WOW

imageimageimageimageimageimageimage
Cookin in Texas

Comments

• TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Damn!!!  =D>
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    edited July 2013
    Options
    ^:)^ that is so nice. Beef ribs rule
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    man those look good! I can nver find decent beef ribs at HEB. Will try to ask for plate ribs at Kroger next time. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • boatbum
    boatbum Posts: 1,273
    Options

the butcher said they didnt have plate ribs.   I asked him what he cut the short ribs out of -- bingo - give me some of those before you cut them up.

Cookin in Texas
  • Hotwingking
    Hotwingking Posts: 279
    Options
    Looks like dinosaur ribs, great looking cook. Next time I go to the butcher I will have to pick some up.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    oh hell yeah!
    Options
    Yes! Well done! I did 5 complete racks on Saturday on two eggs. Youngest son had 6 friends over and everything was cleaned up. 7 hours at 250 with London and Langtree sauce.

Steve 

Caledon, ON