Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Beef Ribs - Pictures

boatbumboatbum Posts: 1,273

Had to search a bit on Saturday to find beef ribs that were not cut up.  Finally found some at the local Kroger.

These are plate ribs, what normally gets cut up and turned into short ribs.

Salt, Pepper, Dizzy PiG Steak rub, some worch.

started at 240 dome, indirect.  After 2 hours, wasn't anywhere close to being done.  Foiled with some beer and bbq sauce.   1.5 hours, inching the heat up as I go.   Out of the foil, showing bone, but the clump of meat on top was not done.   Cooked another almost 2 hours until I decided they were done.

Probably the most tasty and tender piece of meat I have ever cooked.   Fantastic.   Sliced the top part like brisket.  WOW

imageimageimageimageimageimageimage
Cookin in Texas
·

Comments

• TexanOfTheNorthTexanOfTheNorth Posts: 2,750
    edited July 2013
    Damn!!!  =D>
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    edited July 2013
    ^:)^ that is so nice. Beef ribs rule
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,752
    man those look good! I can nver find decent beef ribs at HEB. Will try to ask for plate ribs at Kroger next time. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • boatbumboatbum Posts: 1,273

the butcher said they didnt have plate ribs.   I asked him what he cut the short ribs out of -- bingo - give me some of those before you cut them up.

Cookin in Texas
    ·
  • HotwingkingHotwingking Posts: 183
    Looks like dinosaur ribs, great looking cook. Next time I go to the butcher I will have to pick some up.
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 13,815
    oh hell yeah!

·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,276
    Yes! Well done! I did 5 complete racks on Saturday on two eggs. Youngest son had 6 friends over and everything was cleaned up. 7 hours at 250 with London and Langtree sauce.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·