Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Challenger cart

Options
Hello all, 

I bought my XL the Thursday before memorial day. So i have been eggin in the standard nest. I went to my nearby dealer and had the challenger on sale and I sprung! I absolutely love the new home. The cabinets and pullout drawers are awesome. I has the silver line gray top with green inserts. It matches the egg good enough for me. I love it!!! I dont have to worry about the wood and the maintenance required. The deck is enough wood to worry about. 

Just thought I would show off my new toy. 

Happy eggin!!! 
XL BGE 
Joe JR 
Baltimore, MD

Comments

• jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Options

Just plain gorgeous, Gatabites!

But does Challenger have a website?  My local dealer doesn't carry them, and I'd like to see what they have to offer.

John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • mt332
    mt332 Posts: 13
    Options
    Really sharp.  I have considered vs wood.  I found their web site by searching Challenger Grill Carts.  Their site wasn't as informative as some of their dealers sites.  You can find those on the Challenger site.  Again, really sharp.
  • GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    Options
    here is the website: http://www.challengercabinets.com/grill-carts.php

And i also attached the warranty info. Its a limited lifetime warranty. 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • GATABITES
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Did you notice the matching (green) patio umbrella? I had that laying around In the basement. IT was raining a couple weeks ago and I remembered that II had it. Completes the look! 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • pasoegg
    pasoegg Posts: 447
    Options

how many years does my child not go to college if i buy one like it???? I like that thing....may have to home school him if i were to splurge...

"it is never too early to drink, but it may be too early to be seen drinking"

Winston-Salem, NC

• frankc623
    frankc623 Posts: 168
    Options
    That's really nice! What dealer did you get your egg/cart from? 
    L-BGE | Westminster, MD
  • GATABITES
    Options
    I bought my egg from Clark's Ace Hardward (rt 40). I got the cart from Glyndon Gardens in reisterstown. They have a few left. If you contact them Speak with the manager Kevin. 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • Firemanyz
    Firemanyz Posts: 907
    Options
    GATABITES I also bought my egg at Clark's what a place. How much did the table cost? I have been torn between building a table, buying a table or just using my nest and getting a small side table.
  • frankc623
    frankc623 Posts: 168
    Options
    Does Glyndon sell eggcessories? I really like Clarks Ace on rt 40, they have a ton of stuff.
    L-BGE | Westminster, MD
  • GATABITES
    Options
    @firemanyz Clark's has everything there. I got a good deal on the challenger from glyndon gardens. PM me and I will share. I think you should give them a call. They had 1-2 of these left and was running a fathers day special sale price. I got really lucky. 

@frankc623 yes, they have eggcessories but not as extensive as clarks. Well, they can get anything, clark's just keeps a more robust stock when compared to glyndon. Clark's had the best deal on the egg. I called my 20 stores and their egg price was unbeatable. 

If you are looking for a cart go with Glyndon. I hope the sale is still on......
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    edited June 2013
    Options

GATABITES said:
    @firemanyz Clark's has everything there. I got a good deal on the challenger from glyndon gardens. PM me and I will share. I think you should give them a call. They had 1-2 of these left and was running a fathers day special sale price. I got really lucky. 

@frankc623 yes, they have eggcessories but not as extensive as clarks. Well, they can get anything, clark's just keeps a more robust stock when compared to glyndon. Clark's had the best deal on the egg. I called my 20 stores and their egg price was unbeatable. 

If you are looking for a cart go with Glyndon. I hope the sale is still on......
    Cozy Pools and Spa price-matched Clark's on my large. They're good people too.
  • GATABITES
    Options
    @eggcelsior where are you from in MD 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    Options
    @gatabites how much did the table run you?
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    @Gatabites

Frederick. I work in Bawlmer.
  • Mud Pig
    Mud Pig Posts: 489
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I picked up a challenger grill cart almost a year ago for my XL. I love the counter space and storage. One tip, get the aqualon grill table cove from Challenger. It's easily the best made cover I've ever had for a grill and a great way to keep the sun and rain off it.

What did you happen to sit the XL on if you don't mind me asking? I'm using an egg table nest and its holding up nice, but I imagine I might need to change it out for a new one after a couple of years. I may go with a stone of some sort next time around.

Here is a pic of mine. Congrats on buying a great table. I couldn't be happier with mine.
  • GATABITES
    Options
    @mud pig - I used a regular nest that I would like to get rid of. My sell/trade it. did I answer your question?
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • GATABITES
    Options
    It rained last night and all my fuel, lighter, wood chips/chunks were all dry. happy camper. I am going to look into that cover @mudpig.
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • Mud Pig
    edited June 2013
    Options
    GATABITES said:

@mud pig - I used a regular nest that I would like to get rid of. My sell/trade it. did I answer your question?

@Gatabites, I was wondering what you have the egg sitting on in the table. Is it simply siting on the table itself or did you put something under the egg?

I've attached a pic of the egg table nest that I'm using.

• Mud Pig
    Options
  • GATABITES
    Options
    @mudpig - I have the same table nest as you do. Sorry i didn't get your question the first time. I thought you were referring to the previous nest. 

My nest scratched the cart a little but its not too bad. 

Can you share more info on your cover? or maybe even post a pic? I really like how it protects the items in the cabinets and not let the elements get to them. But I still want a cover. 

thanks
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • hondabbq
    Options
    @gatabites @ mudpig can you share what you paid for your cart?
  • Mud Pig
    edited June 2013
    Options
    The cover is made from a material called aqualon, which is used for boats mainly. Its a heavy duty material that keeps water and sunlight from getting to what it is protecting. The cover is form fitted so it goes over the egg and the table and doesn't allow wind to get under it. It even has a couple of vents so you dont have to worry about mold from condensation gettin unde the cover. Usually that comes about from morning temperature changes and water inthe air condensing under the cover, but the vents allow that small amount of moisture to evaporate.

I'm actually in Stockholm right now on vacation, but I'll snap a pic of the cover when I get home and post it.

Hondabbq, I'll PM you.
  • Mud Pig
    Options
    Here you go, let me know if you have any other questions about the grill cart cover.
  • GATABITES
    Options
    @mudpig - I priced that cover, wheeeew, it expensive. They called me back today with the price and I said no thank you. I have to find another alternative. The aquilon is very nice. 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • hondabbq
    Options
    What did he quote you for a price?
  • GATABITES
    Options
    $297.00
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • GATABITES
    Options
    i think it was $130 or so for the vinyl. 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • Mud Pig
    Options
    GATABITES said:

$297.00

Did you call your dealer for the price quote of Challenger themselves? I got mine direct from Challenger for around $200.

• hondabbq
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Still considering addin this to my order.
  • GATABITES
    Options
    Mud Pig said:
    $297.00
    Did you call your dealer for the price quote of Challenger themselves? I got mine direct from Challenger for around $200.
    2 of the nearest dealer didnt know anything about it. When they did call me back this was the price. 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD