Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A few thank you (3 pics)

Options
Chubbs
Chubbs Posts: 6,929

Wanted to say thanks to @tjv for the new AR I got in. I got it the same day I got my rubs/sauces from @travisstrick in the exchange. I broke the AR in with a spatchcock so I could try the Salt Lick Original Rub. That $hit was spicy!!! I loved it. Normally I would not post a spatchcock, but new rubs and new AR so had to...

One interesting point, I did not let this bird dry in fridge for 24 hours like usual, and this one was the most crispy I have cooked. Excellent, and i think it was the combo of the rub and the new cooking rig. Thanks Travis and Tom!

Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013

Comments

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    I love the heat from Salt Lick rub but my wife doesn't.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Getting it high up In the dome sure makes you a better cook as well
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I swear I posted and it's not showing up....

Anyway, that looks damn good.

I've started flipping spatchcocks...I know, I'm a commie bastard - I also eat my corn radially instead of left to right, but I like the results.
    Options

I've started flipping spatchcocks...I know, I'm a commie bastard - I also eat my corn radially instead of left to right, but I like the results.

You obviously have your drink on and punched the """Save Draft""" button once more =))
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Chubbs
    Options

Thanks fellas. Love the AR....

@Nola I am trying to post tonights dinner and it wont let me post...

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Mickey said:

You obviously have your drink on and punched the """Save Draft""" button once more =))
    You're right on the first count. ;) but it's not in my draft folder, which I don't think I've ever looked at before until now.  I know, blame Vanilla!
    Options
    Whoa man, I can tell that is way too much rub from the pic. That rub makes great wings too. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Chubbs
    Options

Whoa man, I can tell that is way too much rub from the pic. That rub makes great wings too. 

I like hot. Real hot. It was really good. Leftover made a killer smoked chicken salad.
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    Nice looking bird Chubbs.  Doing poultry high in the dome is so easy and with fantastic results.  I like to start the birds skin side down for 5 to 10 minutes to give the skin a head start at rendering.  

The kind remarks on our products are greatly appreciated.  

tom
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Your picture makes me want to break out the Salt Lick rub this weekend. Gotta love the heat.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• six_egg
    six_egg Posts: 1,110
    Options
    Awesome looking chicken. The AR is an amazing grilling tool. The service you get from start to end when buying one is just as fantastic as the product.

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

• GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    Options
    who makes salt lick rub

XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    GATABITES said:
    who makes salt lick rub

The restaurant called Salt Lick. It's here in Central Texas. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    It's good stuff