Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE Forum Fantasy Football league.

Comments

• If there's room, count me in.

L-BGE | Lusby, MD

• bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    I seem to have a different type of fantasy in mind. 8->

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    cazzy said:
    No more than 14 teams per league, but my preference is 12.

I agree. I am not a fan of larger than 12. Starting people that barely get playing time is rough. Guess it makes it interesting though.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • NEWB_IN_NOLA
    NEWB_IN_NOLA Posts: 135
    I am in.
    "America has only three cities: New York, San Francisco, and New Orleans. Everywhere else is Cleveland." -Tennessee Williams
  • ChokeOnSmoke
    ChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,942

I'd play.
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• bethg212
    bethg212 Posts: 45
    I'm in. shamrocks212@gmail.com
    Beth Hardeeville, South Carolina
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,041
    I'd be in. We could run divisions and then do a play off. Gotta do all weeks of the season though.
  • erniemcclain
    erniemcclain Posts: 505

Sure.  Its been a few years but sounds fun.

Ernie McClain

Scottsbluff, Nebraska

(in the extreme western panhandle of NE)

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    U_tarded said:

I'd be in. We could run divisions and then do a play off. Gotta do all weeks of the season though.

I hate playing for chips on Week 17. By the looks of it, we have enough for two leagues right now and are spooling up for a 3rd.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Cyclops42
    Cyclops42 Posts: 64
    Count me in!!

Atlanta, Ga. LBGE and Mini BGE

Wants:  More time and beer.....

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    I get Duncan and Kobe...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • ChokeOnSmoke
    cazzy said:
    I hate playing for chips on Week 17. By the looks of it, we have enough for two leagues right now and are spooling up for a 3rd.
    Right, makes no sense to play week 17.  You bust your butt all season to win a league and then your Championship game is in week 17 when most of the league rests their players?
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• cazzy

cazzy said:

U_tarded said:

Right, makes no sense to play week 17.  You bust your butt all season to win a league and then your Championship game is in week 17 when most of the league rests their players?

I have 1 league that continues to have the chip on week 17. I won it the last two years, but my 1st title was thanks to Matt Flynn against the league commish. I warned him about it and he didn't listen, so talk about karma.
  • ChokeOnSmoke
    edited June 2013
    cazzy said:
    cazzy said:
    I have 1 league that continues to have the chip on week 17. I won it the last two years, but my 1st title was thanks to Matt Flynn against the league commish. I warned him about it and he didn't listen, so talk about karma.
    That's awesome you beat the guy who made such a stupid decision.  It's a long season and a lot goes into it.  Nothing worse than to dominate your league and then have all your stars that got you that far not play for the Championship. 
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    My preference is for 12 team leagues as well, so don't know if you guys want to split the leagues regionally or if that would even be possible. I don't like having week 17 in play unless you have a two week championship game that combines week 16 and 17.

Assuming we can get at least 3 if not 4 leagues going, I think at the end of the regular season we could take the top 2-3 teams from each league and do a game for the playoffs to determine the ultimate winner.  Any thoughts?
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • cazzy
    edited June 2013
    I did the two week per round playoffs config in a espn league I won and I thought it was pretty stupid. The 1 game all or nothing match-up is why I love the NFL, so it totally goes against reality.

I don't like having each league sending teams to independent playoff match ups. You'll have teams with the same players so that will be a lil weird. I do think we could have a overall champion purely based off points. Ie, every league will have a champion and runner ups and will be paid accordingly. There will be a grand champion that will get an additional bonus that we'll skim off the top.

Damn, maybe I'm an idea guy too!
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    I completely agree with everything you said @cazzy, it's just that some people don't want it to be a money league, others do. I'm just trying to get more ideas flowing since I haven't been on here since last night.

I've had times where I have led the league in points but didn't win the championship because of matchups. But I have always played strictly head to head leagues. If playing in a strictly point accumulation league that could work.  I've used ESPN mostly for ten years but I am sure I could adapt to using Yahoo if that's what most of you prefer.  Just have to make sure all of the leagues are completely setup exactly the same way.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,136
    I'd be in - prefer ESPN  :)

Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• My league uses fantasyleaguemanager.com so I'm in the weeds about espn or other platforms.
    Flint, Michigan
  • CPARKTX
    CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
    I'm in.
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • Aquacop
    Aquacop Posts: 481
    Im in
    LBGE 2013 Located in Savannah, Georgia
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    I would rather put my own eyes out. I hate football. I actually hate all sports on tv except golf. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • cazzy

I would rather put my own eyes out. I hate football. I actually hate all sports on tv except golf. 

Dislike :((
  • B&BKnox
    B&BKnox Posts: 283
    I'd be game, not a big yahoo fan tho.  NFL and ESPN I prefer.  Be great to have several smaller say 10 team leagues that way everyone gets a good team.  I have played in an 8 team league for over 20 years and everyone has a team capable of winning the league each year makes it fun.  Have looked at some 14 and 16 team rosters and your getting down the depth chart to field a team, rugged.
    Be Well

Knoxville TN
  • B&BKnox
    Championship games in week 17 don't work for the reasons pointed out above.  Best format we have found is 14 regular season games and two week playoffs.  Week 17 we do a free for all where every team can start ANY NFL player and the leagues high score gets some bucks, usually the entry fee back, that way even last place teams have a shot at some $.
    Be Well

Knoxville TN
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Is golf a sport?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• cazzy
    B&BKnox said:

I'd be game, not a big yahoo fan tho.  NFL and ESPN I prefer.  Be great to have several smaller say 10 team leagues that way everyone gets a good team.  I have played in an 8 team league for over 20 years and everyone has a team capable of winning the league each year makes it fun.  Have looked at some 14 and 16 team rosters and your getting down the depth chart to field a team, rugged.

I think 8 and 10 team leagues has a lot more to do with luck and 12 and 14 team leagues have much more to do with skill and team management. If every team is stacked, there is no reason to play the waiver wire. I have been in a 14 team league for 7 years and it's still my most difficult league.

The other ones are 12 and 10.

• I would rather put my own eyes out. I hate football. I actually hate all sports on tv except golf. 

Is golf a sport?

I call it Lawn Billiards.
    Flint, Michigan
  • B&BKnox

cazzy said:
    I think 8 and 10 team leagues has a lot more to do with luck and 12 and 14 team leagues have much more to do with skill and team management. If every team is stacked, there is no reason to play the waiver wire. I have been in a 14 team league for 7 years and it's still my most difficult league. The other ones are 12 and 10.
     Our little 8 team league averages over 70 transactions per 14 week season.  The waiver wire is used a lot.  As we all know there are never any surprises during a NFL season.  Luck is ALWAYS involved in winning a title, skill sure helps but luck is necessary as well.
    Be Well

Knoxville TN