Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Next Throwdown...get stuffed!

124»

Comments

• Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    edited June 2013
    dougbacker...recipe please.  Those look yummy.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • dougbacker
    dougbacker Posts: 277
    edited June 2013
    Now be careful these are really hard to do.... :)) I get these REALLY thin cut round steaks(Thin cut Milanesa) at Walmart( only meat I get there)
    spread with cream cheese cover with what-ever. These had Cream cheese, Green onion, Green pepper, mushrooms, cheddar-jack cheese, roll up and pin with tooth pick. Direct at 400 turning few minutes. I also hit em with Pecan/Cherry
    :))

--------------------------------------------------------
    South Dakota
    KBØQBT
    Large BGE, 
    Mini BGE
    36" Blackstone Griddle
    Phoenix Gasser
    Cyber Q WIFI

And a deck box full of toy's

• bethg212
    bethg212 Posts: 45
    I was going to post my stuffed peppers, but I'm thinking need to be bigger and more stuffing! Must replan my stuff it.
    Beth Hardeeville, South Carolina
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    You are the only validation that you need.  Like Little Steven says, size isn't everything.  More stuffing is always fine, on the other hand.... ;)
    Steak rolls
    Tell us how you put theses together.... They look Awesome!
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!!!!! Stuck in Dallas.......
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Alton said:
    Steak rolls
    Tell us how you put theses together.... They look Awesome!
    +1...need some details on those steak rolls!

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Thanks Nola.  Not only was it a pretty face, but it tasted great.  Yours is still the above the bar.
    Joan wins. UTZ chips.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    bababababababump

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    bababababaganoush
    Hi Steve! I think I might join in. I'll use a little of this and a little of that.

Hey Dale!

Just saw this. Jump in (just say you used more ingredients than you really do, always works for me.)

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• fletcherfam
    fletcherfam Posts: 935
    Man this is a great throwdown, love all the diversity of this one!!! Can't even compete on this.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Man this is a great throwdown, love all the diversity of this one!!! Can't even compete on this.
    I'm still thinking, fortunately caliking gave us an extra three weeks

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    I'm still thinking, fortunately caliking gave us an extra three weeks
    See? Me being persnickety does occasionally help :D

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • If the deadline is 11:59 tonight, here's my entry:  chicken thighs stuffed with herb cream cheese and ham and wrapped (natch) in bacon.

First, mix 4 oz. softened cream cheese with your favorite herbs (we used garlic chives and dill from our herb garden).  Then pound five or six chicken thighs flat, dust them in your favorite rub (for this one, I used DP Fajita-ish), and then spoon some herb cream cheese mixture on the thighs and add some thin slices of ham (or prosciutto or lomo or whatever pig you like).  Then wrap them in a strip (or two) of bacon and secure with a skewer (or two):

Get the Egg to about 400*, and set it up for indirect with a mix of cherry and applewood.  Get the thighs as high in the dome as you can (we did PS legs up, tri-level grid).   Cook to 160*F internal, flipping once to ensure that the bacon crisps up well.  Then remove the thighs, set the Egg up for raised direct, and brush the thighs with a thick BBQ sauce (we used a Memphis-style):

Then cook the thighs again for a few minutes a side, basting with the BBQ sauce as you go.

Serve with rice pilaf and steamed veggies:

[Northern] Virginia is for [meat] lovers.