Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Next Throwdown...get stuffed!

Little Steven
Little Steven Posts: 28,817
edited June 2013 in EggHead Forum

The deal is something stuffed with something. Can be stuffed bell peppers, stuffed burgers, cabbage rolls, roulade or anything as long as it has something in it or around it and egged. Submissions via this thread starting today until July 2nd. Gentlemen and gentlewomen start your eggs.

Oh and just so Smokey Pitt doesn't make me look like a cheapskate the prize will be, if won by an American 3, count 'em, 3 jars of la Bomba hot antipasto spread inclusive of shipping to your address. If a Canuck wins I'll have to think of something.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

Comments

• TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Hard to believe that July is almost here! I'm in.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    You count as a Canuck BTW

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Will there be another TD for the 4 th of July weekend? Or can this one be extended to include it?

Love the theme. Will have to come up with something preposterous!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    @Little_Steven, and proud to so be!

@Caliking, it's Canada Day weekend; similar to the 4th of July but with the metric conversion it falls a couple of days earlier.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    So can we make it a Candependence or Indenadian Week TD?

• Little Steven

I don't care whether we shorten this one or extend. Just worried the thread will get buried ten pages deep if we go too long.

I will submit an entry on this but disqualify myself from winning. I think that should be a rule. Whoever calls it shouldn't be able to win it. Just an idea

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Para bailar la bamba!
  • Little Steven
    It's Italian not Spanish. Think it means The bomb in both though.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490

I don't care whether we shorten this one or extend. Just worried the thread will get buried ten pages deep if we go too long.

I will submit an entry on this but disqualify myself from winning. I think that should be a rule. Whoever calls it shouldn't be able to win it. Just an idea

I followed that rule last time when I made some CI skillet Mac N Cheese that came out just plain nasty so I didn't even submit it! 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• TexanOfTheNorth

I followed that rule last time when I made some CI skillet Mac N Cheese that came out just plain nasty so I didn't even submit it! 
    @Little_Steven, I'm not sure that that rule is necessary. It's not as if you're the sole judge in determining the winner. On the other hand, we might consider disallowing the winner of the previous throw down.  ;)
    Pretty much the same thing isn't it Dr. Brains?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• TexanOfTheNorth
    Pretty much the same thing isn't it Dr. Brains?
    Oh, that's right, you won the CI cook-off with some roasted potatoes.
    edited June 2013

OK,

By consensus entries will be open until Saturday, July 6th at midnight. If I could put a sticky on I would. Whoever has the most likes at 12:01 on the 7th wins.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• TexanOfTheNorth

OK,

By consensus entries will be open until Tuesday, July 6th at midnight. If I could put a sticky on I would. Whoever has the most likes at 12:01 on the 7th wins.

@Little_Steven, I think the American calendar has July 6th on a Saturday this year.
    I got that, I was looking at August and then June. Think we are good now #:-S

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• TexanOfTheNorth
    I got that, I was looking at August and then June. Think we are good now #:-S
    Okay, I thought maybe you were looking at a metric calendar and forgot to do the conversion.

sorry. Won't imbed (Hulu) and there is a damn 15 second commercial. This is my submission for the throwdown.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,167
    Do you need to convert time zones as well? :)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    lousubcap said:
    Do you need to convert time zones as well? :)
    No, those are "shared" world wide.
    It's Italian not Spanish. Think it means The bomb in both though.
    Sorry, LS. I immediately think of Ritchie Valens when you mention La Bomba. Since his middle name was Steven and he also suffered from a lack of vertical displacement(5'7", 170cm - for you Canadians) it just fits that "in order to dance the bamba" you need a little guy with big ideas.
  • Little Steven
    I wish I was 5' 7" :-S Actually I used to be but I think I've shrunk.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    5'7" is average height!

(in China)

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I guess I'm in.
    5'7" is average height!

(in China)
    For elves and leprechauns maybe...Oh just wait....I see what you did there.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Little Steven
    I guess I'm in.
    Haggis would count.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    edited June 2013
    I guess I'm in.
    Haggis would count.
    Don't steal my idea! I'm not Scottish for nuthin'.
  • Little Steven
    I'd like to see you win it with a haggis Jimmy.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    so it doesn't have to taste good?
    It's better to look good than to taste good.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Is there a reason behind not including Sun July 7th? Just asking.