Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lobster Dinner

Options
double
double Posts: 1,214
Birthday dinner it's been a good day 10lb of Lobster.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Lynnwood WA

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Happy birthday!  Damn, you're all in.  Nice.  How'd it come out?  Lobster have such a narrow range where they're perfect.  I've done tails on the grill before and it took me two tries to get it right.
    Options
    winnah winnah lobstah dinnah!  happy bday!

• double
    Options
    Thanks, I boiled them for 7 min then had them on the grill with some apple chunks for a few minutes. Turned out good.
    Lynnwood WA
  • TFols
    TFols Posts: 241
    Options
    @double looks good. Happy birthday

@nolaegghead try this :08 @ 500. Comes out perfect every time.
    Bloomfield, NJ
  • bettysnephew
    bettysnephew Posts: 1,188
    Options
    Since you cooked them whole, did anyone eat the tamale?  Did it pick up any smoke?
    A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Happy fellow birthday. Thought about egging but other half eat out. Like a true Texan went out for Q.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    My SIL is about to be engaged to a fella from Maine. We were at the beach together earlier in the week. He had a dozen fresh live lobsters flown in from Maine and it was incredible. In his opinion, the only way to cook them is boiled for 13 minutes. Regardless they were damn good
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Happy Birthday, looks like a party.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    TFols said:
    @double looks good. Happy birthday @nolaegghead try this :08 @ 500. Comes out perfect every time.

I am guessing cut open and put on Egg? Nothing other? Noticed you did not raise? I got to try this
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• double
    Options
    I didn't cut mine open. I felt it picked up a hint of smoke but that could of just been from eating with my hands and the smoke on the shell. Next time I will try cutting open. My Dad tears into them sucks the meat from every leg nothing wasted. :-)
    Lynnwood WA
  • TFols
    TFols Posts: 241
    Options
    Mickey said:

TFols said:

@double looks good. Happy birthday

@nolaegghead try this :08 @ 500. Comes out perfect every time.

I am guessing cut open and put on Egg? Nothing other? Noticed you did not raise?
    I got to try this

@mickey that's it. Flip them over, a sharp knife through the head, split (I clean them) then into the egg. I believe I had PS Woo in there but I've done them at stock level.
    Bloomfield, NJ