Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef ribs on the new extender and weber grate

njl
njl Posts: 1,123
Here they are as they went on.

And 1:15 later, about to be foiled.

Comments

• Yes.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    What's the size of the top grate?
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Do you plan on rotating them top to bottom to aid in even cooking or not?
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Beautiful. Did you you have to swap the racks midway or did they cook the same?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • njl
    This is an experiment.  I didn't rotate during phase 1.  My expectation/hope is that setup indirect, there really shouldn't be a huge difference in temp between the top and bottom grids.  I did rotate after foiling...so foiled, what was on top is now on the bottom.

The Webber grid is the 17" charcoal grate for a 22.5" Webber grill.  In this configuration, it just barely fits (without the extender's spacer sleeve). 

I had some old lump in the egg from previous cooks and really wanted to do the ribs with fresh stuff, so I lit what was left over last night, sprayed the extender and Webber grate with Pam, and baked them indirect for a couple hours at 400-500F.  I'm hoping that might give it a bit of rust preventative?

• njl
    One step closer to dinner.  Here they are, after about 1.5 hours foiled, about to get sauced and finished.

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Pull-back on the bones looks good. I wonder if i could just eat em now :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.