Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Now everyone is jumping into the mini pool!

There must be a Costco buyer lurking on the forum and soaking up the mini love. Just saw their own version at Costco for $199. Doesn't appear to be as well made as a BGE and the metal components aren't as good, but imitation being the sincerest form of flattery, I assume we'll see more like these.
Mamaroneck

Comments

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Did you notice the brand? I know Costco sells the classic Vision in the US, we get the "it just doesn't work" Vision Pro model in Canada. 
    I think Saphire has a tiny model - similar to the mini.
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Mama Roneck
    Mama Roneck Posts: 386
    I think it was Vision. Will try to post a photo.
    Mamaroneck
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    This one? It's cute enough

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

XLBGE 
  • Mama Roneck
    That's it. Comes with it's own wings.
    Mamaroneck
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    I really like the wings. Never been to a Costco

XLBGE 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    That's interesting. I'll have to swing by Costco to see what its like, mainly to see if any of the accessories can be hijacked. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Mama Roneck
    Costco and Trader Joe's probably account for 2/3 of our household spending. Well worth the annual fee, even though we're out of the diaper years.
    Mamaroneck
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    The specs say its a little bigger than the mini. 87" cooking area versus 78".
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Part of the mystique and controversey surrounding the mini is paying up the $400 to get one.

It puts the battle lines up for some funny arguements about it being a " real egg " or being a rip off.

$199.... That's it... :-\"
    Seattle, WA
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    With this forum being funded and administered by the Mother Ship, I wonder if they mind threads that feature competitive products.  If it were my company, I don't think I'd want it.

Just sayin '

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    With this forum being funded and administered by the Mother Ship, I wonder if they mind threads that feature competitive products.  If it were my company, I don't think I'd want it.

Just sayin '
    Gary, back in the old days, before the forum split, I posted pics of my Alton Brown flower pot. The thread magically disappeared. Guess they weren't too happy. :) Can't say as I blame 'em.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Mama Roneck
    Still, they tolerate CGW and CGS as active participants here. Maybe it's tacit acknowledgement that they build better multi tier products than the official ones.
    Mamaroneck
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522

Just sayin '
    Ya know, I'd think the same, but maybe that's why I don't own their business. They obviously have faith in the product and know we are "devoted" to say the least, and the marketer in my past says, it is better to be close to your enemies than to you friends sometimes. This way BGE knows what we are thinking and what is important to us. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!