Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fat, out of shape, and batching it with meat, booze, and pies (pics)

Chubbs
Chubbs Posts: 6,929

SWMBO and the son are out of town so I surveyed the forum for some meal ideas. All pointed to the same thing... meat and booze. Guess it was a rhetorical question.

First up was steak frites... I picked out what I thought was a porterhouse, but when I unwrapped it I believe it is just a t-bone. Big boy was tossed on the mini for a sear on both sides and finished at a slower roast. Cooked to 140IT. Pretty good meal and the steak hit the spot.

Tonight, I decided on pizza when I had a dough ball staring me in the face. Went with a three cheese pasta sauce for the base. Cheese was my smoked mild cheddar and some fontina I needed to finish. Topped with my favorite--- pepperoni, banana peppers, and basil from the garden. Sorry the last pic is so blurry, but this crust was pretty good.

Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013

Comments