Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Small homemade Tandoor - Ist Trial

Options
Aviator
Aviator Posts: 1,757

So I did a lot of reading and collaboration with @Caliking, who is the resident Tandoor guru and arrived here.

Its a terracotta pot from Lowes, 12.5" dia that will fit inverted into a Small BGE. I used an angle grinder with metal disks to cut open the bottom of the pot, which became the top of the tandoor. A clay plate became the daisy wheel, to get it hot, and boy it did.

Now, the pot sits on the fire ring, with no chance of getting dislodged.

Worked very well, but did crack the clay pot. May be if I had "seasoned" it with lower temps before I got it HOT might have worked.

Made chicken boti kabaobs. Made about 3 lbs of it, never made it into the kitchen. Got eaten as finger food.

Here is the set up:

Inside, set up a small pot so the big tandoor skewers can rest + it will not char the meat directly above.

Here is the fire up shot

Inside view, You can see the crack, but worked fine.

This is the finished product. Sorry, no fine plated shots, was a tad messy as this was still in the test kitchen stage. Tasted so darn good.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

Comments