Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

An Open Note to This Forum

Options
Hi All,

I'm a long-term lurker and short-term contributor (?) to this forum. I have had my LBGE for a bit over a year now, but have cooked on a stick burner for a couple of decades.  I'm finding myself converting more and more as time goes by.  My Weber gasser is essentially a storage unit now, and my smoker is beginning to collect spider webs.

I just wanted to thank the folks on this forum for all of the great advice.  I can always count on several salient and helpful replies to my still rookie questions, generally within 5 minutes of posting.  Due to the input from the forum members, in the last month I have smoked my best brisket and butt that I have ever done.  Not a bad May, I must say.

At any rate, I will certainly begin contributing more when I feel like I have something to add.  Until then, thanks for all of the great advice, and keep Egging.

Transplanted from Austin, Texas to Medina, Ohio

Comments

• Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    Even when you don't think you are adding something, post your cook.  The only reason I don't post more is because after posting steak, chicken wings and baked potatoes 3 or 4 times, they don't look much different.  Hopefully you can be a little more diverse then me.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    SMITTYtheSMOKER Posts: 2,668
    Options

Welcome to the fray.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Welcome aboard.  Looking forward to future cooks.  
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Options
    Welcome to the club! Post away!

XLBGE 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    Welcome aboard.  Sounds like you are consuming more Kool-Aid daily :)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • TEggSun
    TEggSun Posts: 244
    Options
    Last weekend was pulled pork and a chicken and dumpling soup with ghost peppers.  I know it didn't happen without pictures, but tell my colon that.  Please....
    Transplanted from Austin, Texas to Medina, Ohio

• SmokinDAWG82
    SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,705
    Options
    Welcome aboard, look forward to your posts!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Welcome aboard the crazy train.  Your ticket is already stamped.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Alton
    Alton Posts: 509
    Options
    Welcome....we all learn from each others success and failers
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!!!!! Stuck in Dallas.......
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    Welcome aboard @TEggSun. Hope you enjoy the ride as much as the rest of us.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    Welcome aboard. Looking forward to seeing some pics. Remember, what maybe old hat to you might be something new to somebody else and they could learn from your posts. Or you may inspire somebody. So get to posting pics. :D

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• r270ba
    r270ba Posts: 763
    Options
    Welcome!  We love pics (of food that is :)) )
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $