Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Flashback really does happen if you forget to burp!!

Don't you just hate the smell of burning hair?

'Nuff said.

Comments

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,660
    LOL - SWMBO discovered that as well tonight :)

Great. Now we have to see VI's effed up hand pic
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LBGE 2013 - MiniMax 2015 - Seemingly every accessory the fine folks at CGS sell - Fightin' Texas Aggie till I die - Gig 'Em - Located in the bright lights of Dallas
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    paqman said:
    LOL - SWMBO discovered that as well tonight :)
    That'll teach her, eggs are man cooking tools.... Trust she is OK. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    If you are pure of heart the egg will never burn you. Just sayin.
  • robnybbq
    robnybbq Posts: 1,911
    Sad part is when you burp the oven indoors or a gas grill do to habit.

Garnerville, NY
  • grEGGorys
    grEGGorys Posts: 168
    I need to get into the habit of burping. One of these days that egg of mine is going to bite me. Then I will hear SWMBO tell me that she told me to be careful.
    Gulf Coast FL
  • Fortoday
    Fortoday Posts: 94
    I'm a pro burper
  • gabriegger
    gabriegger Posts: 682
    Used to think burping was opening and closing the lid without opening all the way.  Soon found out not a good idea as one night it starting chattering away worse than any Mel Tillis speech you may have suffered through.  Was just adding oxygen to the top of the fire.  Man it was stuttering to the point I thought it would explode.  Luckily I read enough bumf to stand to the side and when I opened the lid it was like a Canadian CF-45 (Voodoo) leaving an aircraft carrier.  Had it been winter I wouldn't have had to shovel the driveway for a week.  That's an after burn I don't want to see again.  

the city above Toronto - Noodleville wtih 2 Large 1 Mini

• fiver29
    fiver29 Posts: 628
    Just take the daisy wheel completely off for at least 2 minutes. Problem solved.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Strongsville, Ohio

Yes.  I own a blue egg!  Call Atlanta if you don't believe me!
    [I put this here so everyone knows when I put pictures up with a blue egg in it]

• dpittard
    dpittard Posts: 126
    Lost some knuckle hair for the first time tonight. Drinking an extra PBR to cope...

LBGE with a massive wish list
    Athens, Ga.
  • Wchapman74
    Wchapman74 Posts: 52
    I thought I cracked my lid once when I forgot to burp.
    I just walked up looked at the temp 300 degrees(no big deal) and lifted the handle.
    I didn't have a solid grip and the flames shot out, scared the living **** out of me and I dropped the lid. I didn't realize at the time the the temp gauge had gone all the way around once already.
    LESSON LEARNED