Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Any cigar smokers?

Options
tamu2009
tamu2009 Posts: 387
Picked up few a Flor de las Antillas today on the recommendation of a friend and cigar aficionado and all I can say is WOW.

I can see why this thing was the number 1 rated cigar last year. And it was only $7 to boot.

What are y'all smoking these days?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
LBGE 2013 - MiniMax 2015 - Seemingly every accessory the fine folks at CGS sell - Fightin' Texas Aggie till I die - Gig 'Em - Located in the bright lights of Dallas

Comments

• CGW1
    CGW1 Posts: 332
    Options
    Great stick...I have about 6 of them in my humidor.
    Franco Ceramic Grillworks www.ceramicgrillworks.com
  • OLD NORTH STATE BBQ CO.
    Options
    Rocky Patel - The Edge - Maduro. I prefer the torpedoes.

"Where the weak grow strong and the strong grow great, Here's to "Down Home," the Old North State!"

Med & XL

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    tamu2009 said:
    Picked up few a Flor de las Antillas today on the recommendation of a friend and cigar aficionado and all I can say is WOW. I can see why this thing was the number 1 rated cigar last year. And it was only $7 to boot. What are y'all smoking these days?
    I'm very much a noob to cigar smoking, but that one has been my favorite by far.  I tried #3 last weekend and it was pretty tasty. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• MisterM
    MisterM Posts: 17
    Options
    I'll have to give the Flor de las Antillas a shot. My go-to cigars are Montecristo #2, but lately I've mostly been smoking Edgeworth tobacco in my pipe.
    Large Big Green Egg w/ AR & Spider
    Smokin' butts and taking names.
  • tamu2009
    Options
    I was so surprised at how good it was. I will be buying the next box my local store gets in.
    LBGE 2013 - MiniMax 2015 - Seemingly every accessory the fine folks at CGS sell - Fightin' Texas Aggie till I die - Gig 'Em - Located in the bright lights of Dallas
  • lakewade
    lakewade Posts: 385
    Options
    OK - ordering some Flor de las Antillas from Thompson right now.

-----------
    I feel a whole lot more like I do now than I did when I got here.
  • Toolmaster
    Toolmaster Posts: 41
    Options
    ,Enjoying a A Fuente Hemingway Classic at this time while the vegies are cooking on the BGE.

I went to bed last night mean and woke up meaner !  
    "Matt Dillon"

• TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    Macanudo.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    I'll have to try them too. Just picked up some Macanudo's last night.

Large, medium, small and a mini. Egg'n, golfing, beer drinking, camping and following football and baseball.
    Atlanta NOTP suburbia.

• CigarSmokinEgger
    Options
    Rocky Patel Sungrown and Decade is what I have in the humidor at the moment :)
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    That Hapster fella has never smoked a cigar in his life! :P
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Options
    The Edge & Arturo Fuente Hemingway is my all time favorite.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• CGW1
    Options
    I have a very extensive collection of many brands, I consider them all to be my favorites. Davidoff, dunhills, fuente, torano, cohiba, montecristo, oliva, CAO, ashton, etc etc.  I'm more than likely sitting on 400 cigars, not to mention my pipe collection which I also enjoy.

Any pipe smokers here??
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    @CGWI, sounds like an impressive collection. How many humidors do you maintain or do you have something big enough for everything?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    I like the Hemingway, the seasonal Anejo, Casa Miranda, Tatajue Coronu, Ashton VSG, Liga Privada T-52. My favorite is the Avo Lounge Cigar. By far the most complex stick I've had. Every day smokes, Oliva G or O Serie, Brickhouse, Nub, Perdomo Excibicion .
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • CGW1
    Options
    @texanofthenorth, I have 3 humidors and a cabinet where I store boxes. I have a several electronic humidifiers that maintain my boxes and cabinet, sadly I keep buying. I have about 30+ Cubans also. Lots of fun!!!
  • Hokie_Smoker
    Hokie_Smoker Posts: 662
    Options
    CGW1 said:
    @texanofthenorth, I have 3 humidors and a cabinet where I store boxes. I have a several electronic humidifiers that maintain my boxes and cabinet, sadly I keep buying. I have about 30+ Cubans also. Lots of fun!!!

Free Cuban with the purchase of adjustable swing rack?????? :))

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

• robnybbq
    robnybbq Posts: 1,911
    Options
    Arturo Fuente Hemmingway
    Rocky Patel Conecticut
    AVO XO
    5 Vegas Gold
    Olivia Serie G

And if I can get them - Romeo Y Julietta No 2 Cubans only.

Garnerville, NY
  • CGW1
    Options
    @hokie....the cost of that swing rack would for sure go much much much higher.....
    [-X
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    CGW1 said:

Franco, Pics of collection please.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Charlesmaneri
    Charlesmaneri Posts: 1,295
    Options
    I just love Maker's Mark 650 cigars they are Dominican and they are soaked in Maker's Mark Bourbon they are most enjoyable I highly recomend them I also like Romeo&Juliet Bully's and Arturo Fuents royal salute 
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • SmokeyPitt
    Options
    I just love Maker's Mark 650 cigars they are Dominican and they are soaked in Maker's Mark Bourbon they are most enjoyable I highly recomend them I also like Romeo&Juliet Bully's and Arturo Fuents royal salute 
    I've never tried the Makers.  They definitely look cool!

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    I've had the Ghurka cognac infused... Ok
  • tamu2009
    Options
    I had the Maker's and HATED it. Don't know what it was, but it def wasn't worth the price they charge for them...

• TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Options

Ghurka Shaggy Maduro

La Gloria Cubana Serie R # 5

Emilio AF2

Ghurka Titan

ro-ME-O a new stick by RJ

XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • SmokeyPitt
    Options
    TTC said:

ro-ME-O a new stick by RJ

Tried this one...I really enjoyed it.  It is #3 on Cigar Aficionado from 2012:

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Smokey, I had one and hated it.
  • makis
    makis Posts: 81
    Options
    I am a pipe maker by profession and  full time cigar smoker by choice( never use what you sell !!!).

Although where i live Cuban cigars are legal I prefer smoking Non Cubans, especially Nicaragual cigars.

Due to my job, and cince i know people in the cigar business I have a rather big selection of Padron, Oliva, Joya de Nicaragua along with a few boxes of Opus X that i smoke when I want to make a moment special!

I wish one day I could smoke a great cigar with some of you guys over some great BBQ . Who knows......
  • CGW1
    Options
    What brand pipes do you make or types of pipes...where can I see them?

@chubbs...I'll try and get some pics up when I can. Swing rack sales are keeping me pretty busy.
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    @makis, are you in Canada? I'm up in Aurora, ON. Cigars and BBQ sound good to me.