Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE Grill Extender Group Buy

Eggcelsior
Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
Thanks to @MrCookingNurse and @Alton first of all.

Alton posted a brisket cook with the Grill Extender that he purchased at Ace. They get this product from a small outfit in Texas as MCN found out. He had the idea for the group buy so credit should go to him.

I followed up with the manufacturer and he gave me the info to his distributor. This is what we have so far:

This unit allows 2-level swing-out cooking by utilizing a grid one size down. For example, a Large egg would use a medium grid as the upper level.

The distributor has offered a price for a bulk order. After all is said and done, ballpark looks like 30-35 bucks. We need to get a head count on who wants one so I can get a final price and then place the order. Either I will ship them to you or they may be sent directly to you all. For payment, we are planning on setting up an Amazon Payments/Paypal account to keep cost down by avoiding fees and utilizing money transfer.

We plan on keeping this page up until June 1st and then placing the order. Post to this thread if you want one and shortly after the deadline I will PM you to confirm details.

MCN will post pictures of the product.

Comments